Wolftooth 42

Balooba

I got a Wolftooth 42 expander on my 10 speed XT cassette. I have the 16 on as well (minus the 15/17 of course :w00t: ).

Now : When I engage the 42 my derailleur scratches the cassette on slightly. Got a guy here on the hub that has an expander. Will this solve my problem or is there an easier solution?

with this, your b-screw wouldnt need to be in all the way...I'm sure it will sort out that problem.

just change the b-screw for a longer one which you can pick up at builders warehouse

Incase you not sure what is meant by longer B Screw. This is where you find it.

Insert longer screw, and screw it in untill there is about 2mm between the cassette and jockey wheel, when on the biggest cog.

http://i.imgur.com/35CrJUN.jpg

Edited by Wannabe

Sweet.

By inserting a longer screw, will this not put unnecessary tension on the derailleur and chain?

Sweet.

By inserting a longer screw, will this not put unnecessary tension on the derailleur and chain?

You are moving the RD out by about 1cm with a longer screw, just enough so that it does not catch on your 42T... so no will not unnecessarily tension your drive chain

So for smoother shifting it will be best to get this link?

Will the longer screw affect shifting to all the gears or only to the 42?

The b-screw controls how far the upper derailleur pulley is from the largest cog on the cassette. Shift into the 42 and observe the clearance. Turn b-screw clockwise until the upper pulley / jockey wheel clears the cog. Job done.