Helivac Winter Criterium Series - Gauteng

Frosty

My 3 laps in the Open group - trying to capture their race without interfering with their racing. Pity they sat my wheel when I bridged the gap to the two guys in the break, who they never caught again after that.

http://suffervision.com/v/5736712990883840

Nice one Gerald !! Shot for the footage. Surprised no one tried to bridge across to the break.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea of expected start times for the various groups on Sunday ?

09:00 - Kiddies (10 mins + 1 lap)

09:20 - Open Men (20 mins + 1 lap)

09:50 - Open ladies, youth/Juniors (20 mins + 1 lap)

10:20 - Vets 50+ and licenced ladies (30 mins + 1 lap)

11:00 - Vets 30+ and 40+ (30 mins + 1 lap)

11:45 - Elite & U23 (45 mins + 1 lap)

12:30 - last lap for the Elite

The circuit allows for two groups on the track, so the slower group will start 1 minute after the faster group, i.e. 50+ start followed by ladies 1 min later.

+/- 3 mins per lap (Elites) to 4.5 mins (less competitive type).

edit: also racing the opposite way around to the last time. Same circuit, mostly right-hand turns.

https://www.strava.com/segments/15525271

I get to claim the KOM, until the data from last year's racing has been refreshed  :whistling:  :clap:

Large number of riders today... close to 180 entries (some guys have entered two categories, so it's not 180 individuals, but it still counts). This time last year, we had 47 and 106 in the two events. 

Three down, three to go.

Hopefully we can get this to a fully-fledged series for 2018.

Another awesome event! Well done guys.

Realised I don't know how to do right turns.....!!

That was part of the plan for today... right turns.

Pro tip, I was given, is to drop your upper body as low as you can go over the bars, and then just hammer it into the corners (should be able to maintain the speed through the full circle).

That was part of the plan for today... right turns.

Pro tip, I was given, is to drop your upper body as low as you can go over the bars, and then just hammer it into the corners (should be able to maintain the speed through the full circle).

Thanks Gerald!!

I'm assuming you're in the drops right?

I just couldn't shake the feeling I was about to tip over on my side.

Loved it! Great ride, Open group was quick today but road pretty safely

Well done Gerald !!

First crit for me today, yoh yoh yoh I got taught a lesson in 30+ and 40+ group. Proper hard racing that but I'll do it again.

Well done to the organizers!

Nice to see more "activity" from the roadies,

I'm a MTb'er and well the last couple of years haven't seen it, recently, allot more action.

Rode past the crit yesterday, part of our normal riding are and look well organized and attended.

nicely done Gerald, see at the MACsteel Classic.

G

(one of the DOC's)

Had to miss this weeks race :( Looking forward to the next one. I see it's this Saturday and not on Sunday. Or is that a typo?

Thanks Gerald!!

I'm assuming you're in the drops right?

I just couldn't shake the feeling I was about to tip over on my side.

Yes, I find most control when in the drops. Maybe I know the circuit well and could possibly push it a bit harder.

Had to miss this weeks race :( Looking forward to the next one. I see it's this Saturday and not on Sunday. Or is that a typo?

Both Voortrekker Monument events were planned for Saturday PM, but was moved to Sunday (last time) due to a running event.

This coming week is on Saturday.

Archived