Elite Direto direct-drive trainer

HdB

• 1 year later...

Thread resurrection advisory....

Has anyone any experience with the Direto? I see pricing has is around the R15k (Evo bikes).

any info appreciated.

Thread resurrection advisory....

Has anyone any experience with the Direto? I see pricing has is around the R15k (Evo bikes).

any info appreciated.

Still horribly overpriced in SA.  Should be on par with the Flux as in other markets, around R11-R12k.  At this price it's just too darn close to the Kickr, which is frankly a high-end unit.  If they were the same price I'd go Direto, but the premium is unjustified.

Take into consideration the following, though:

A.  Tacx reportedly sorted the issues reported on the Flux for the latest productions runs;

B.  Tacx have announce Flux 2 at the old Flux's price and dropped the price on the outgoing model by $100;

C.  Wahoo have announced Kickr Core, which looks like it is going to blow all the other mid-range direct drive trainers out of the water (Tacx Flux 1 and 2, Elite Direto).  Basically a 2017 Kickr with a simpler stand, but quieter.

Do you really want to purchase a mid-range direct drive trainer right now, or can you wait a little?