Cannondale SuperSix Evo tyre clearance

Patchelicious

As a side note having had 25s on the Evo, I am moving back to 23mm

Wider is not always better.  Depends a lot on the rim.......

Hijack (sorry patch). I have a cervelo s3. The tyre clearance rear isvery small with a 25 tyre. I do not want to risk fitting a 25 and then have it rubbing against the frame.

Would there be any gain by fitting a 25 front aand a 23 rear.

I would really like to make the bike a bit softer on the body.

Normally the limitation is the brake calliper.

Also the rim width. Put a 25mm / 28mm tyre on a rim designed for 23mm tyres and you have a "light bulb effect" forcing the tyres upwards and not wider.

Edited by Mongoose!

Cool thanks guys.

The one I am talking about has 25c on already, that is more than enough for CPT roads.

Thanks for the help.

@Patchelicious - are you running 25mm on a supersix already? I have a supersix evo hi-mod and cannot get them on for certain rims.

@Patchelicious - are you running 25mm on a supersix already? I have a supersix evo hi-mod and cannot get them on for certain rims.

No, I am not.

But the one I was looking at does. Actually has a 26c Spez Turbo on the back.

Officially the 2014/2015 Supersix Evo Hi-mod can only take up to 23mm. I consulted Cannondale. I have this problem as I cannot put 25mm on my mavic wheelset and have enough clearance. You will get wheel rub. However it depends on the rim though. Some rims allow the 25mm to fit in the space available. 

Not sure about the standard Evo version.

Edited by allez

No, I am not.

But the one I was looking at does. Actually has a 26c Spez Turbo on the back.

I ended up putting 23c on my 2015 evo but on nice wide American Classic wheels and it had a great profile and looked pretty damn fat. 

I ended up putting 23c on my 2015 evo but on nice wide American Classic wheels and it had a great profile and looked pretty damn fat. 

Done the same with my other wheelset and it works. I think the problem for the wheelrub is the 'bulge' the tyre makes when inflated. On wider profile not really a problem. However I think if you should ride it in the rain or put pressure on the cranks, slight change there can be wheelrub.

Again, it depends on what level of risk you want to take. Also remember the warranty can be affected.