Garmin fenix 5 sapphire vs Garmin fenix 5x

benj

Hi guys

Doing triathlons & ironmen

Looking to get a watch

I've narrowed it to tGarmin 5 sapphire and 5x

From what I understood , the main different beside cosmetics is the navigation and maps

Any thoughts ??

Thanks

Thanks guys

I had a look , great watch and if it was a cheaper then yes I would probably go for it

You can get the fenix 5 sapphire for the same price as the 935

So why get the plastic one and compromise on durability

The 5x is bigger as well. About the same size as the fenix3 but deeper (thicker?) The 5 is a bit smaller, pretty slim and lighter.

Thanks guys

I had a look , great watch and if it was a cheaper then yes I would probably go for it

You wanting a dress watch or a triathlon watch that will take knocks from every day use.

FWIW, I have the Fenix 3, has lived on my wrist for the past 18 months, trained pretty much every day and sometimes twice a day and raced in all conditions, including ironman .. The glass is still in great condition. Personally I would not pay the extra for sapphire glass.

If my F3 dies and I have to choose a replacement being the F5 or 935, I will choose the 935.

Maybe you should go Navworld and have a look at all 3 and try them on

Edited by shaper

I don't think that's correct. Possibly you are comparing the 935 tribundle which includes the tri hrm and the swim Hrm?

Thanks guys

• 5 months later...

In the package insert it states that the Maps are for USA .Does anybody know if there are RSA maps or do you download them ???