Hit and run Pretoria Close to Kolonnade Mall

Neilwolmarans

My journey in preparation for my first 94.7 started this week. Then I was involved in a hit and run accident around 8:20 on the 9 August on the corner of Braam Pretorius street and Doctor Swanepoel road. It was a white bakkie. The person crossed without yielding to right and without checking or seeing me and drove straight into me knocked me over and spun away like a coward. I had to undergo surgery with severe damage to my foot!! If anyone witnessed or got numberplate please let me know so justice can be served. How inhuman can any human being be by just abandoning cyclist like that!!!

Would love to help. Can you give more info on the White Bakkie? Can you speculate on the make and model? Single/Double Cab? Relatively new or old?

Looked like Hilux, not new and double cab. That is all I can remember. There was a guy in another bakkie that chased after him. Not sure if he managed to get to him and he didn't return back to the scene.

Thanks for the post. Hope someone that saw it happen can see it and respond.

No problemo.

I have promoted the Tweet too, so hopefully a few more people see it. 

My wifi is going to go to the Moot Police station to make a case for the incident.

My wifi barely works at the best of times, never mind running errands for me. Who is your service provider?

Unfortunately not only further down on dr swanepoel road there is shopping centres and big intersection. There might be cctv

Unfortunately not only further down on dr swanepoel road there is shopping centres and big intersection. There might be cctv

Even if the cctv is far away from the incident, 500m up the road etc you can still use the footage to get the exact make and model of the vehicle and if you are lucky the numberplate. Even better would be footage of the driver driving away from the area at high speed after the hit and run, that may be handy in court.

Archived