Bryson rider 20 not charging

omega33

Guys I've been owning Bryton Rider 20 GPS computer, recently it started displaying 'FULL' on the screen when charging while it was battery low, and now the battery is completely flat and. Won't charge when I connect to the charger for hours still no progress, has anyone had this problem if so what is the solution, I'm desperate for help guys...

TIA

Edited by omega33

Guys I've been owning Bryton Rider 20 GPS computer, recently it started displaying 'FULL' on the screen when charging while it was battery low, and now the battery is completely flat and. Won't charge when I connect to the charger for hours still no progress, has anyone had this problem if so what is the solution, I'm desperate for help guys...

TIA

Your best optiion will be to trade it in with bryton directly and get a new one.

https://www.bryton.co.za/

Most of the time what happens with micro usb connections is that with the in/out wiggle of the charging cable you eventually damage the soldering on the motherboard and the entire port gets loose.

Yeah, mine started giving me trouble as well. Definitely the connection with the cable, at least on mine - if I got it just right it would still charge fine.

I ended up replacing mine, not a Bryton though as I find their new site absolutely useless compared to the old, perfectly working one. If it ain't broke, replace it with something with a quarter of the features?! Nah.

The new 330 and 530 models are very nice - if it wasn't for the software side of things I'd probably have stayed with Bryton.

Yeah, mine started giving me trouble as well. Definitely the connection with the cable, at least on mine - if I got it just right it would still charge fine.

I ended up replacing mine, not a Bryton though as I find their new site absolutely useless compared to the old, perfectly working one. If it ain't broke, replace it with something with a quarter of the features?! Nah.

The new 330 and 530 models are very nice - if it wasn't for the software side of things I'd probably have stayed with Bryton.

How did you get the connection right and how long did it take to switch on after connecting it?

How did you get the connection right and how long did it take to switch on after connecting it?

Oh, I just plugged it in repeatedly until I saw my PC had correctly picked it up so I could download a ride, and very carefully put the computer down on its side. If the BrytonBridge software didn't pick it up correctly, it would also not charge correctly and show FULL.

But I don't think I ever let it go completely flat.

TIA

Place Bryton on floor

Switch off Bryton with large hammer

Smile

Go buy a Garmin

Place Bryton on floor

Switch off Bryton with large hammer

Smile

Go buy a Garmin

:D

Nah, the unit itself is fine, I got my Rider 20 in 2012 as a gift, and it still works five years later.

The support is what got me to change - the desktop software doesn't work properly anymore, the new app/website is pointless, and your large hammer is just as likely to reply on an email as Bryton.

:D

Nah, the unit itself is fine, I got my Rider 20 in 2012 as a gift, and it still works five years later.

The support is what got me to change - the desktop software doesn't work properly anymore, the new app/website is pointless, and your large hammer is just as likely to reply on an email as Bryton.

No need for the software anymore, the files are stored as .fit same as everyone else.

So just connect to pc and upload to strava/TP.

There is a app now that syncs to strava, but I have not tested it yet.

I contacted the distributors directly instead of working through the site, got way better response.

No need for the software anymore, the files are stored as .fit same as everyone else.

So just connect to pc and upload to strava/TP.

There is a app now that syncs to strava, but I have not tested it yet.

I contacted the distributors directly instead of working through the site, got way better response.

Not the oldest ones -  the Rider 20/21/35/40/50/60 don't store the files as .fit. The desktop application (Bryton Bridge 2) gives you the option of saving the tracks to their own BDX, and TCX and/or GPX, which you can upload wherever you like (though for me it messed up the altitude if I didn't first import it on the old Bryton site and then export from there).

From the Rider 210 and on it does save as .fit on the device.

And as the very old ones don't have bluetooth, they don't support the app either. But even the older ones (prior to the 210) that had bluetooth are not supported by the new app anyway.

Not the oldest ones -  the Rider 20/21/35/40/50/60 don't store the files as .fit. The desktop application (Bryton Bridge 2) gives you the option of saving the tracks to their own BDX, and TCX and/or GPX, which you can upload wherever you like (though for me it messed up the altitude if I didn't first import it on the old Bryton site and then export from there).

From the Rider 210 and on it does save as .fit on the device.

And as the very old ones don't have bluetooth, they don't support the app either. But even the older ones (prior to the 210) that had bluetooth are not supported by the new app anyway.

Yes that's true...I have to say honestly besides the issue of charging Bryton computers are a very good value for money cc... And their software is simple to use (Bryton bridge 2) although I prefer to upload files directly to the website from the device itself

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same problem with my Bryton Rider 20, which I got as a present a few years ago. I never had use for it until a few days ago. I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on, and it doesn't seem to be charging properly. I tried bryton.co.za to phone them to see what could be done, but I was taken to bioracer.co.za and they say they don't have anything to with Bryton anymore, but said I must try brytonsport.com. So I've just emailed support at brytonsport.com and going to see what they say.

I bought a Bryton computor once, never again!!!!!!!

Same, no issues after one glitch once! 5 years later all peachy.

I'm having the same problem with my Bryton Rider 20, which I got as a present a few years ago. I never had use for it until a few days ago. I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't turn on, and it doesn't seem to be charging properly. I tried bryton.co.za to phone them to see what could be done, but I was taken to bioracer.co.za and they say they don't have anything to with Bryton anymore, but said I must try brytonsport.com. So I've just emailed support at brytonsport.com and going to see what they say.

Hopefully the battery is still fine, sometimes the rechargeable batteries just seem to stop working if not used for too long.

My Rider 20 was giving problems connecting, but I believe that was due to the cable connector not making proper contact anymore after over four years of use.

I was very happy with the device, just got fed up when they changed their site to the new nonsense.