2017 UCI Road World Champs Bergen 16-24 September

Gen

Are they allowing blood bags, holding onto cars and taking bidons in the last few kilometers or something?

You got the order wrong way rounnd. It's supposed to be holding onto cars, taking bidons and then blood bags. Wait, Alaphillipe took bidons?? The scandal :eek: 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got the order wrong way rounnd. It's supposed to be holding onto cars, taking bidons and then blood bags. Wait, Alaphillipe took bidons?? The scandal :eek:

Yoda it, thought I would.

"South African Willie Smit, also part of the move, covered the first 20km in 27:54 at 306W. This is a stark contrast to the riders in the peloton — for example, Kazahkztan’s team captain Alexey Lutsenko rode at just 138W for nearly 37 minutes, to cover the same distance."

Read more here @CyclingTips

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/09/numbers-took-competitive-mens-worlds-road-race/

Edited by 'Dale

"South African Willie Smit, also part of the move, covered the first 20km in 27:54 at 306W. This is a stark contrast to the riders in the peloton — for example, Kazahkztan’s team captain Alexey Lutsenko rode at just 138W for nearly 37 minutes, to cover the same distance."

Read more here @CyclingTips

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/09/numbers-took-competitive-mens-worlds-road-race/

Just as reference there there is a lot of wrong info in that article wrt to Willlie data and values posted.

Just as reference there there is a lot of wrong info in that article wrt to Willlie data and values posted.

Over or under-stating Willie's data?

A general question, and apols if it's been discussed already, but did the SA riders have a team plan?

Over or under-stating Willie's data?

A general question, and apols if it's been discussed already, but did the SA riders have a team plan?

The values between the 2 in the break for starters isnt right. Shows Willie is less which for starters isnt true based off weight alone. The file I have is not consistent with their values.

This is also bringing us back to the posts about predicted values by those on twitter having a outcry cause "not normal" is the go to word. Not all calculations or info based of Strava for arguments sakes maybe 100% correct. 

The other part I laugh at is Alaphilipes value of 2.5min on the final climb. 8w/kg for 2min is honestly totally normal for Pro Tour value regardless where it was in the race. If you not doing that you not racing front end of a Pro Tour race. Yet its now seen as the biggest farce known to man according to Digger and his church of followers. They have no clue what is possible. 

I think the plan was for Darryl or Reinie to finish it off which unfortunately didn't happen unfortunately for whatever reason. 

The values between the 2 in the break for starters isnt right. Shows Willie is less which for starters isnt true based off weight alone. The file I have is not consistent with their values.

This is also bringing us back to the posts about predicted values by those on twitter having a outcry cause "not normal" is the go to word. Not all calculations or info based of Strava for arguments sakes maybe 100% correct. 

The other part I laugh at is Alaphilipes value of 2.5min on the final climb. 8w/kg for 2min is honestly totally normal for Pro Tour value regardless where it was in the race. If you not doing that you not racing front end of a Pro Tour race. Yet its now seen as the biggest farce known to man according to Digger and his church of followers. They have no clue what is possible. 

I think the plan was for Darryl or Reinie to finish it off which unfortunately didn't happen unfortunately for whatever reason. 

Interesting. Just so I understand what you're saying, are you suggesting that the soothsayers who raise eyebrows when values approach 7 W/kg are forgetting the duration of effort ie a short effort of 2 mins at 8 W/kg vs 60 mins at 8 W/kg are v v differing situations?

Interesting. Just so I understand what you're saying, are you suggesting that the soothsayers who raise eyebrows when values approach 7 W/kg are forgetting the duration of effort ie a short effort of 2 mins at 8 W/kg vs 60 mins at 8 W/kg are v v differing situations?

Correct, its about duration. 2min @8w/kg is nothing to raise a eyebrow over at PT level. 60min @8w/kg and you can insert any type of OMG meme you want. 

In short they are very very different. No one is going to do 8w/kg for 60min.

Got it.

????

Wonder where they got their data from ????

Edited by 'Dale