Rouvy (VirtualTraining) new routes

sliktrik

Hi all,

If anyone is using the Rouvy software (previously Virtual Training - https://rouvy.com/en/) with their Kickr, etc. to train instead of taking their life into their hands, I've added the route for the Tshwane classic 98Km (5 Nov) if you want to give it a bash (I'm trying it tomorrow morning) - search for provulo and you will find all CTCT qualifying routes uploaded.

Simon

Thanks, does it work without power meter?

If your device e.g. Kickr has a power meter then yes, because Rouvy gives you a power reading (and can perform FTP tests, etc.)

Hi all,

If anyone is using the Rouvy software (previously Virtual Training - https://rouvy.com/en/) with their Kickr, etc. to train instead of taking their life into their hands, I've added the route for the Tshwane classic 98Km (5 Nov) if you want to give it a bash (I'm trying it tomorrow morning) - search for provulo and you will find all CTCT qualifying routes uploaded.

Simon

Tuesday evening will be my target for this. Such a shame our race nights dwindled away.

Tuesday evening will be my target for this. Such a shame our race nights dwindled away.

Guilty as accused

I really must get my arse into gear

Winter is coming

If one is on a smart trainer (kicker snap and in erg mode) and doing a route , do you use your gears as if normally cycling the route. I am a bit confused because when doing interval training on Trainer Road one does not use your gears the trainer adjust accordingly.....?? :blush:

If one is on a smart trainer (kicker snap and in erg mode) and doing a route , do you use your gears as if normally cycling the route. I am a bit confused because when doing interval training on Trainer Road one does not use your gears the trainer adjust accordingly.....?? :blush:

When doing a workout such as trainerroad you will be in ERG mode and the trainer will automatically adjust the resitance to the power output required.

When riding a route you are in "slope mode" (as it is sometimes called), the trainer adjusts the resistance based on the "slope" (hill gradient) of the route you are riding (and not any set power output) and you ride like you would normally when outdoors and adjust your gears accordingly..... i.e steep hill - granny gears, flat part of the route, big gears

Because you are riding a route/course the software and trainer automatically will be in "slope" mode and not "ERG" mode

When you are doing a structured workout with a smart trainer the software will automatically be in "ERG" mode

I trust that makes sense?

When doing a workout such as trainerroad you will be in ERG mode and the trainer will automatically adjust the resitance to the power output required.

When riding a route you are in "slope mode" (as it is sometimes called), the trainer adjusts the resistance based on the "slope" (hill gradient) of the route you are riding (and not any set power output) and you ride like you would normally when outdoors and adjust your gears accordingly..... i.e steep hill - granny gears, flat part of the route, big gears

Because you are riding a route/course the software and trainer automatically will be in "slope" mode and not "ERG" mode

When you are doing a structured workout with a smart trainer the software will automatically be in "ERG" mode

I trust that makes sense?

Thanks it does because yesterday i did a test run and i could barely ride up the little hill, my IDT bike (dedicated bike) gears are shot , so another hole in my pocket!! 

Please more help, have a look at the photo's that of my bike , what must i get to put it in the Kickr Snap?

post-7342-0-20639100-1506517193_thumb.jpg

post-7342-0-29551800-1506517207_thumb.jpg

post-7342-0-22549800-1506517216_thumb.jpg

Please more help, have a look at the photo's that of my bike , what must i get to put it in the Kickr Snap?

Go check out the CycleOps Magnus with 142mm thru axle kit that will do the job.