Tour de France 2018

gummibear

16:11:12 CEST

With five teams finished, this is how the standings look for now.

1 BMC Racing 00:38:46

2 Team Sky 00:38:50

3 Mitchelton-Scott 00:38:55

4 Movistar 00:39:40

5 Groupama-FDJ 00:40:28

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am guessing he need to practice his bunny hops... and mistimed and hit the curb rather than jumped over...

If he hit the curb hard enough to crack both wheels then he was either running pressures way to low or has junk wheels. (Speaking from experience klapping a massive pothole in the bunch at 70kph with 22mm tyres, broke both cages, bars twisted and headset came loose. one slightly cracked rim and one burst tubby)

16:12:02 CEST

At the second check, UAE Team Emirates have given away 1:05. That is not good for Dan Martin and his overall ambitions.

Eagerly waiting to see what sunweb will do.. and of course see Tony Martin in beast mode..even though he isn't so much a beast anymore... still looks the part.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16:15:48 CEST

At the line, EF Education First drop just 35 seconds to BMC Racing. That is a fine effort for them and keeps Rigoberto Uran well up there.

16:14:54 CEST

Team Sunweb have set off and we've got just eight more teams to start. They and Quick-Step Floors are the most likely remaining teams that have the capability to beat BMC Racing's time.

world champions please step forward . . . .

They have 3 of those riders at the TDF ...should put up a good time..go Tommy D.

As suspected Ag2R put up a shocker..[emoji102]

Putting up..aye..

16:17:37 CEST

Silvan Dillier is dropped from the AG2R La Mondiale. They've given away 58 seconds at the intermediate check.

Are we putting money on Cav being first guy dropped or Renshaw?

16:21:57 CEST

UAE cross the line with five riders and they've given away 1:38 on BMC Racing. That is a very disappointing time, despite a huge effort from Alexander Kristoff in the final kilometre.

Archived