Outdoor bike storage

GRG

Anyone on Hubland have any experience and advice on securely storing bikes outdoors?

Moving into a new place with limited indoor space and no garage, but a small garden. Was thinking some sort of lockable, weather resistant container, big enough for 2 bikes, but not garden shed big..

Anyone tried or done this?

There are some examples on the web, but pricey is the general trend..

Thanks in advance!

Is there no way to creatively store inside? We have a smallish 3 bed flat and one room houses 8 bikes plus a workspace. Two on the walls above any floor space.

Otherwise, hang outside and lock securely, maybe adding some anchor bolts to the wall that you chain them up, and maybe see if one of these 4x4 outdoor places can make you a canvas bike cover, or buy some motorcycle covers from makro/game to protect paintwork and generally keep them clean and long lasting.

Edited by DragoRosso

Is there no way to creatively store inside? We have a smallish 3 bed flat and one room houses 8 bikes plus a workspace. Two on the walls above any floor space.

Otherwise, hang outside and lock securely, maybe adding some anchor bolts to the wall that you chain them up, and maybe see if one of these 4x4 outdoor places can make you a canvas bike cover, or buy some motorcycle covers from makro/game to protect paintwork and generally keep them clean and long lasting.

Once we've moved in and all the other necessities are in place I would prob find the wall space to hang the bikes indoors..but this place is 1.5 bedrooms small, it gets a bit cluttered.

But canvas covers and bolted outside could work  :thumbup:

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/e/metal_shed_bike_storage_2.jpg

This would be fantastic! But only in the UK and expensive!

• 3 years later...