Jukskei River trail

BlackBikes

I have a question

Has anyone ever tried to ride up the Jukskei River from Olivedale / Jukskei Park to Northern Farm?

Are there any trails along the river? Or is it not possible to ride along the banks?

It would be really cool to be able to ride from northern suburbs to NF and back. I have had a look on google maps and can see some tracks here and there but they look more like foot paths

Ok that was more than one question, but I'd be really interested to hear the feedback

post-27964-0-73942400-1509539104_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

You would probably be trespassing on private property most of the time.

Wait for a big storm and paddle it instead.

Much more fun

We used to ride that trail many years ago, the route got built up and some places were fenced off making it very difficult to get a nice flow. Then there are a few squatter camps along the way as well and you have to ride through them, maybe not too safe?. Actually a pity as there are very nice sections of single track.

You can go from Chartwell / Broadacres through to Northern Farms. nice bunch of trails there.

Used to ride it a lot. Ride up past Northern Farms,hook a left onto the longest straightest dirt road in the world and go through renosterspruit through to home of the chicken pie, join up with the cradle route etc etc.

Wouldn't go alone anymore, rather a good 4+.

Bloubosrand/jukskei park is a bit of a mess. I tried exploring it once and it's a waste of time. Riverglades by the Baron is fenced, Bloubos is probably dangerous.  any higher and you're more on the road than off.

We used to do it on the mx bikes a few years ago.

You wouldn't make it now though. You'd be hijacked before you got to bloubosrand.

Archived