Swift Evil Twin - To buy or Not to buy??

Joaquim Carneiro

Only real problem with that frame is how ugly it is!

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so maybe it looks amazing to some people.

i'm with you, fugly bike!

but it works for some works for others

Been riding mine for a couple of months now, and it has got very much a hardtail feel about it. All depends on your setup, but if you like to go hard and fast, it is the bike for you. Already cracked a set of carbon wheels on it, but the Evil Twin is a lot of fast fun, and definitely worth it.As for all the rumours around the future of the company, until there is a formal media release, there is nothing to worry about it

I am in the same boat, looking at a evil twin but wondering about warranties in SA. As no one has taken over the imports yet. Or buying a Pyga Stage.!!

outoftowner - I actually do prefer that hardtail feel, really on the fence at the moment.

Spoke to the Swift guys today, they officially close up shop at the end month, so no local support for now until the new holding company of Swift appoints a distributor and that's if anyone wants to take it on. Warranty frame related issues will get logged online via the Swift website.

The question I'm asking myself is if I buy a second hand frame/ bike I have no manufacturers warranty. So I have to go the insurance root SO is it worth a gamble and if the **** hits the frame.....insurance "just a thought"

I am in the same boat, looking at a evil twin but wondering about warranties in SA. As no one has taken over the imports yet. Or buying a Pyga Stage.!!

Also keen on the Pyga Stage, the frame is R 38 900 and a GX 12 complete built is R65000. My LBS said that it's a heavy but well built frame

When I upgraded my frame I was also torn between the Swift and Pyga Stage. I was told here that the Swift is a very aggressive, race orientated bike. In the end I went with the Pyga and couldn't be happier. But I still like the look of the Swifts, even though most people don't.. 

As for insurance, get it even if you have warranty. Warranty won't cover you for theft or an accident.. And that is more likely to happen than a manufacturers fault in the frame

Archived