Scammer: AVermaak 0736403926 0833380586 0735571325 0719242226 0780588679 0632361766

Matt

This guy is not working alone, he took me last year. The Captiec account will be in another name and in another city. He drew the ewallet cash out in Bloemfontein, and the adapted account was in Mitchell’s Plein in Cape Town, and in a you ladies name. This is an organized syndicate with multiple people involved.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy is not working alone, he took me last year. The Captiec account will be in another name and in another city. He drew the ewallet cash out in Bloemfontein, and the adapted account was in Mitchell’s Plein in Cape Town, and in a you ladies name. This is an organized syndicate with multiple people involved.

As long as you have proof a payment was made into the account you have a cash, hence e wallet, instant money is a total no go especially if you dont know the person.

• 2 weeks later...

We caught this guy trying to the same tricks again, the details this time:

Danie Le Roux / "Anton"

Claiming to be from Oudshoorn or Beaufort west

Imagine if this oke used his time and energy to good purpose. Resourceful and persistent if nothing else!

One day he is going to f&ck with the wrong oke who will have the means and know how to track him down, and more importantly will not take lightly to being scammed!

One day he is going to f&ck with the wrong oke who will have the means and know how to track him down, and more importantly will not take lightly to being scammed!

This is not one person. It is a whole syndicate.

That may well be - so here's living in hope that he/they will piss someone off who belongs to another syndicate that does a lot worse than scam people on cycling forums! 

It's appears to be a syndicate, and not one solely focussed on cycling. We've had a number of people get in touch from hobbyist sites and the general classifieds sites who've been taken by them.

Unfortunately the individual cases seem to be too small to justify any immediate deeper investigation from the police, but collectively I suspect it adds up to a considerable amount.    

I got scammed by this dude/ syndicate in early feb 

police and bank were very helpful , unfortunately they took out the money before the account could be frozen.

I advise anyone who has been A victim to take steps with the bank and police hopefully through records and fica somehow the perp/s get busted 

I got scammed by this dude/ syndicate in early feb 

police and bank were very helpful , unfortunately they took out the money before the account could be frozen.

I advise anyone who has been A victim to take steps with the bank and police hopefully through records and fica somehow the perp/s get busted 

Good advice  :thumbup: 

The best hope is if everyone affected takes steps to contact banks & open a case with SAPS. The more cases logged the better the chance of this all being pushed up the chain to a central investigation.

This syndicate uses the fact that we trust the person when we see an Afrikaans name and surname.

Just some more info for everyone,

"Danie" called me and asked about my wanted as for a bike rack. Said hell send some pics later.

So I got a single picture of a Thule ride on 3 bike rack, for which he wanted a whole thousand rand. Picture really did not look like it was taken in SA.. Couldnt find anything on Google reverse image search, but didn't like it anyway... First warning... Specifically mentioned he was going to "put it on the hub for R1000", so they know this site and have some form of organisation, unlike the oft confused offshore oil platform workers....

Second, he's away in Beaufort west, while he knows I'm in Somerset west. Can post the rack via postnet... Second warning... Anyone will know posting a bike rack will cost far more than a new rack anyway...

Once I said I might be able to have a colleague fetch it instead, dead silence.. Obviously.

Dude is a white guy, Afrikaans accent and honestly it sounded like a call centre in the background, no doubt a whole room full of scammer making calls.. WhatsApp photo was a random nature photo of some springbok... Not unlikely for an Afrikaans guy, but whatever...

Just double check all your info, don't be dumb, and perhaps I will leave out my location in wanted ads in the future.. Will likely make things a little harder, but only a little bit...

Oh, last note... He was verified as true on trucaller as Danie... So they covering lots of bases and are obviously using this very thread to evolve their MO...

Gotta give props to the hub admin, Matt warned me before I even heard from Danie that my ad had been viewed by a known scammer so this did help a lot in me being more vigilant... Big ups, bikehub rocks...

Matt, I have to say thanks for your heads up on this.

The fiend did contact me moments ago, claiming he is Danie and in Beaufort West and he has the front triangle, I insisted that I wanted to see the frame and pay cash before we proceed. I would come and see him on my drive through to PE on the weekend. Then his eagerness to sell dissolved, and said he would call me later.

Bugger called from 071-768-4977. What sounded interesting in the background was all the noise.

Traveler must agree

Matt also sent me that detail a day ago and as sure as a bear craps in the woods I get a response on my wanted add , but this time the guy wasn’t as sharp as he thought because the pics were straight off a EBay advert and the size was wrong 56cm C to T not C to C . He kept telling me to make him an offer which is strange ...

I got a missed call today and as you say a lot of noise in the background ...

Still using Danie le Roux but if you look at the WhatsApp pic it’s branded at the bottom and it’s a photography site.

Thanks again Matt

He just phoned me and said he has my niner that i want.... his son is overseas and he is selling the bike. He will send me a pic tonight still!

Archived