Gauteng road and tt champs 2018

Gear the 2nd

How well supported was this event?

From the pics I saw a lot of podiums were incomplete and the biggest results group I saw was 19 people. 

That doesn't bode well for the future of road!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How well supported was this event?

From the pics I saw a lot of podiums were incomplete and the biggest results group I saw was 19 people. 

That doesn't bode well for the future of road!

The results only show those that finished. For example, in the 30 - 39 cat there were around 45+ starters, but only around 17 finished. Was incredibly hot. Hats off to those that managed to tough it out.

From what I read and from team mates, the event was supported by everyone that usually supports Provincials.

Just a few finished with temps in the top 35+ degrees.

Stupid to start in the afternoon.  To me and my kidneys it was just not worth the schlep and suffering.

BIG up to everyone that was there!!! 

In a perfect world:

Any age cat can enter provincials.  But you compete as ONE bunch (Pro Bunch)  If you are 50 and want to show you are best in SA, you have to compete with EVERYONE.

Provincials (3 events with your best 2 results counting) are entered across the country for everyone that wants to compete in SA champs.

If you qualify you represent your province and go compete in SA champs if you are chosen.

9 province (I think?....what are SA divided in these days??), 12 riders per province (12 male, 12 female) gives you an SA bunch of just over a 100 male riders and 100 female.

Fight it out for the SA jersey.  ONE jersey.

This "I am the 40 year old age champ" nonsense is just ego boosting crap that helps fund the CSA fun rider mentality.

Monday 2c done.

Archived