Sunrace 11SPD 11-50

Ryant

Good Day,

I was thinking of upgrading to a 1x11 set up using the Sunrace 11-50 Cassette.

I am looking for any thoughts, suggestions, ideas or experience on what rear derailleur would best work with the gear range on that cassette?

Thanks

What derailer do you have at present?

Any long cage 11spd clutch derailer will work, you will just have to adjust your "B" screw.

I currently have a XT 10 speed derailleur.

I see Shimano state that the maximum sprocket size on their 11 speed derailleur is a 46 T 

From what I've read it appears the Shimano 11 speed derailleurs do work with the Sunrace 11-50 cassette. Another poster asked the same question some time ago regarding upgrading to 11-46 and ended up going 11-50 with no issues. Do a search.

I don't have this setup, but when I asked the guys at evobikes about the 11-50 casette they said that if you have the medium cage Shimano "GS" derailleur (like the current M8000 XT) then you'll need an extender thingamajig for the derailleur hanger. Like Wolftooth's Goatlink. Check evobikes.co.za

I have just fitted the Sunrace 11-50 cassette and my Shimano XT 11 speed long cage derailleur is at the limit of the B-screw adjustment. With only about 10km of use its early days but the shifting is smooth and precise.

I have just fitted the Sunrace 11-50 cassette and my Shimano XT 11 speed long cage derailleur is at the limit of the B-screw adjustment. With only about 10km of use its early days but the shifting is smooth and precise.

How far does the derailleur extend?

I put a longer screw in my B tension on my current  XT derailleur with my 1 x 10 setup to get more adjustment. 

I currently have a XT 10 speed derailleur.

I see Shimano state that the maximum sprocket size on their 11 speed derailleur is a 46 T 

Because they only make a cassette to 46T, they wont promote the competition. 

Because they only make a cassette to 46T, they wont promote the competition. 

More like they don't want to be held responsible for components failing or not working properly when pushed past their design parameters...

Archived