[Event] Angstrom Summer Fast One

Face Plant

Hi Ben

the Gravel cat will be captured when you collect your number board, it is not specified on the online entry system. Please just remember to tell the folks at registration that you will be riding a gravel bike. We will then give further details about the batch start at the race briefing.

regards

PJ

Thanks for the prompt response as always PJ!

Will certainly do so.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoop whoop, okie dokie!

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Double wrap your bars, no suspension, neck and arms will take a beating on the “gras polle”, I took strain on my rigid at the Winter One...

Sorry for the dof question, but venue, is this by Randwater just off Klipriver road in Alberton? You pass by Sundowners go towards the cemetery?

Keen on entering this one

Is there a website for this race? Don't see any links here?

I'm from KZN but will be in Gauteng this weekend. Keen to do a race whilst I'm there. Interested to know what the route is like, technicality, ascent etc..?

post-7854-0-99475300-1515406226_thumb.jpgHi Leeubok

In a nutshell its flat and fast! Total elevation gain on the 70km is about 600m. The route is mostly jeep track with some amazingly fast single track sections, there is no massively technical sections in the race other than a few water crossings but all rideable

Below is the route from last year, there is a bit of a change to the route this year that adds about 180m elevation gain to the route.

Edited by Face Plant

Thanks, sounds like a lekker fast route. I'm not very fit at the moment though (who is after Dec holidays??) so might take the easier option of 40km

Thanks, sounds like a lekker fast route. I'm not very fit at the moment though (who is after Dec holidays??) so might take the easier option of 40km

the 40km has about 180m elevation gain so its perfect to get back into the swing of things

@Face Plant - Can we change starting batches on race day or is what you chose during online entry cast in stone? 

@Face Plant - Can we change starting batches on race day or is what you chose during online entry cast in stone? 

Hi Worriesnot, you will still be able to change at registration 

Hi, when can we collect entries/race number etc if we entered online?

Want to try and avoid queues on the day if possible and how hectic is the traffic getting into the venue on the day? I stay about 5 mins away, was planning to cycle there but the wife wants to come with to show some support so will be coming with the car and I hate sitting in traffic LOL.

Hi, when can we collect entries/race number etc if we entered online?

Want to try and avoid queues on the day if possible and how hectic is the traffic getting into the venue on the day? I stay about 5 mins away, was planning to cycle there but the wife wants to come with to show some support so will be coming with the car and I hate sitting in traffic LOL.

Registration is on Friday at Sportsmanswarehouse - The Glen and at the Race Venue from 13H00 - 17H00

There is plenty of parking at the venue but considering the numbers involved there certainly will be some congestion getting in and out