Bike fit in JHB

geoffois

I have had a few bike fittings done, one by a biokineticist (not so lekker) and the others from the bike shop on purchase. I’ve had a few niggles, back pain on the road bike, knee pain when on the indoor trainer and sore butt on the indoor trainer when cycling over an hour.

I’ve decided to go for a proper bike fit. From what I’ve seen there’s a few options in JHB. Bikefit, Richard Baxter and cycle fit. Any previous good or bad experiences with any of these (or others)? I prefer things being done methodically and with measurement and reason, I assume all these places should offer something along those lines?

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swiss Cycles in Rosebank is excellent in my opinion.

Also had endless knee, back, shoulder and bum issues...- all gone.

They use a Retul methodology and system to conduct the set up.

Unfortunately Swiss Cycles closed doors.... I swear by Richard Baxter. He is worth every cent.... What a gent. 

Not to hikack the thread, but, I was looking around at options for this around Midrand/Centurion.

Are there any worthwhile options this side of town, or is it worth the great trek all the way to Northcliff/Sandton/etc?

Swiss Cycles in Rosebank is excellent in my opinion.

Also had endless knee, back, shoulder and bum issues...- all gone.

They use a Retul methodology and system to conduct the set up.

This will probably be the most cost effective option, but not much will change on your setup though.

Not to hikack the thread, but, I was looking around at options for this around Midrand/Centurion.

Are there any worthwhile options this side of town, or is it worth the great trek all the way to Northcliff/Sandton/etc?

Chat to Paul from Epic sport in Centurion - he does n proper bikefit. 

[quote name="geoffois" post="3235985" timestamp="1512390603"

Richard Baxter

You had the answer all along.

Richard was at Cyclefit at the start and IMNSHO was the best along with Arran Brown.

One of two of them.

Thanks guys. Let me do the booking. The cost doesn’t really matter I suppose, spent a small fortune on physio in the past year already.

I’ll see when Richard Baxter can squeeze me in

How is Richard with mtb setups? He did my road bike setup and did an excellent job.

Any idea as to what he charges? His website is unfortunately not the best...

Cyclefit for me every time. Done two fits on separate bike and not a pain,niggle or anything of the sort. And excellent service to boot.

Tried LBS and wasted time and money.

How is Richard with mtb setups? He did my road bike setup and did an excellent job.

Any idea as to what he charges? His website is unfortunately not the best...

Brilliant with MTB too. Seeing him on Friday for new MTB I just got. Basic set up is R795.00

Don't know what the full body geometry deal costs...

Brilliant with MTB too. Seeing him on Friday for new MTB I just got. Basic set up is R795.00

Don't know what the full body geometry deal costs...

Cool beans. He's right around the corner from my office. Don't care about the body geometry thing - my big issue is around the handlebar, which causes pain in my wrists. Simple setup should be fine.

Cool beans. He's right around the corner from my office. Don't care about the body geometry thing - my big issue is around the handlebar, which causes pain in my wrists. Simple setup should be fine.

Yup, he addresses any pain/injury concerns in a basic set up.

Archived