Hazeldean Valley Trails

Cois

I should maybe add that I have the fitness level of a two-year-old at the moment.  It sounds all fun and games to visit the other places but will do that when I have a level of fitness that can push a HR of 180+ and not the current max of 170.  I have to start from scratch...

That and I have rebuilt my bike from scratch with untested parts.  So I do not want to be too far from home and the needed tools.

Got a bit of luck... A guy at work won a year entry at Cow Shed that was not used yet, so he donated the strap so that I can scout the location.

So at least a few days of "free" riding there. 

You can mtb in Tierpoort? I normally just ride through Tierpoort on my way to RH.

The tierpoort adventure farm ( TAF) is some of the best MTB you will do in pta , be prepared to work hard , 

So I went there this morning. Was fun to ride there. The RH trails are a bit better.

The one error I made, not enough water and was pretty warm.

I felt a bit lost at one stage. Conflicting signs at one spot before you cross the roads.

I fell in behind two young dudes that knew the trails after I ran out of water to find my way home.

If you are the dad or the kids, give them a huge thanks. Die oom het amper ‘n verkeerde pad gevat...

It was the first time out with the commencal, and found a few problems (brake system gave a lot of problems)

So was glad when I saw the end and almost crashed when I needed to stop and the rear brake stopped working.

So will TLC the bike a bit, and be out there tomorrow morning again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from Bruces shop to get a year pass.

Shop closed

So will swing past there tomorrow. Hope that the SO will join in some times. Getting tired of her excuses not to cycle / exercise

Edited by Cois

Just came back from Bruces shop to get a year pass.

Shop closed

So will swing past there tomorrow. Hope that the SO will join in some times. Getting tired of her excuses not to cycle / exercise

I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow if your SO wants a chill ride with me. I don't live in the area but with the holidays want to explore some new trails.

Cool, might see you there.

The ticket office will be open at the farm tomorrow

Really enjoyed this for a chill morning out. Did the red route. While the terrain might not be very interesting,i liked the open spaces and I was impressed with the fact that it's all single track and bar the one section - (hobbles) well signed. Nice for a beginner with not much climbing (412m over 30km) . All the bits are rideable though getting into the rock garden I had pedal strike, and riding out of it took some pep talking to myself but then also doable. And the bridges are wider and the access is straight on, much less intimidating than RH. Thanks for the heads up on this place, but far me but I'll be back and also to check out the market!

Edited by Uni

• 3 months later...

popped in on Monday for a chill ride with the OH, he hasn't ridden in a long while. Muddy AF.

Hosed the bike down at the trails and still spend another 3 hours really cleaning it till it stopped making funny noises at me :(

post-44041-0-76113100-1523012749_thumb.png

popped in on Monday for a chill ride with the OH, he hasn't ridden in a long while. Muddy AF.

Hosed the bike down at the trails and still spend another 3 hours really cleaning it till it stopped making funny noises at me :(

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-04-06 at 1.01.47 PM.png

went there yesterday. I am not a fan of mud and sliding all over the place, and yesterday was still the same. Mud mud and more ???? mud. I cleaned the bikes when I got home as well. Starting to worry that the bath tubs drain will start blocking. I was aiming for 25-30km’s but after 10 I had enough.

I struck a low hanging branch in the face and was furious when I discovered that the branch was cut, and left in the tree.

I know with the rain maintenance will start lacking, but there are a few sports where I would take a weed eater and clear the path a bit as there were a few places where you can’t see the path. If it rains this week I will pass going to HT this week. It is starting to get a little dangerous on the trails