Cape Town's Trail System Just Got Bigger

Ride Rate Review

Happy New Year.

Video or it didn't happen, right?

Yes, you read it correctly, Cape Town's already large trail system just got BIGGER. We are so lucky and blessed to have such a wide variety and massive amount of trail at our disposal..... Be Grateful.

This trail is just awaiting signage before it's official opening but it's gonna happen real soon.... excited much?

Best enjoyed with a cold one.

https://youtu.be/pQlZ_aUz70Q

Geez that looks awesome!

Taking into account how an action camera's wide angle lens dumbs down a trail, how gnarly/technical was that in reality?

That is going onto the must-to list now!

I actually didn't shoot this video using a very wide angle.

Technicality is going to boil down to riders ability, to me it was easy but so much fun but others may find it challenging. I would grade it as a red trail, maybe a little black by the rock, just because of the drop.

Second corner is a relatively steep to some but there is a chicken line. Don't ride it if you can't corner properly.

The rock garden is proper fun, we just giggled & laughed so hard down there but I think majority of unskilled riders will walk it, there was a fork that led into a chicken line but not sure if that skips the rock garden.

Then toward the bottom where the rock ramp is there is a chicken line which skips it and you don't need to do any drops etc.

The trail does cater for gravity riders and I was riding a 150mm travel bike but I could easily ride it on 100mm XC bike, hard tail would be rough in the garden but I think those like like it rough will enjoy. 120mm travel would be ideal.

Know your limits and don't ride beyond them and all should be golden, don't be "That Guy". Keep it tidy, safe & sleazy.

Hope this helps

Looks awesome ????

Ive not done any riding there except Origin of Trails which was mostly on the Banghoek side.

Is this a new trail, or is this one on the Boschendal map (two drop routes are marked Inferno and Sugar Bowl )

Does the permit include the Banghoek side as well? I would like to ride down those switchbacks again ☺

Edited by Christie

Looks awesome! Any idea when this trail will be officially open? I'm still on holiday, so would love to ride it before I have to go back to work!

Looks awesome ????

Ive not done any riding there except Origin of Trails which was mostly on the Banghoek side.

Is this a new trail, or is this one on the Boschendal map (two drop routes are marked Inferno and Sugar Bowl )

Does the permit include the Banghoek side as well? I would like to ride down those switchbacks again ☺

It's a new trail that is not on the map yet. It's very close to Inferno but it's seperate.

I don't know much about the permit access but for this trail you purchase a permit from the boschendal farm deli.

Looks awesome! Any idea when this trail will be officially open? I'm still on holiday, so would love to ride it before I have to go back to work!

I don't have a opening date, maybe by end of next week, the trail just needs signage to be be installed for safety reasons. Hopefully that happens this week.