Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Struggling with a bit of a cold/flu/thingiemabob .... this is going to take a toll on my mileage :(

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Struggling with a bit of a cold/flu/thingiemabob .... this is going to take a toll on my mileage :(

MAN FLU!!!!!!!!!!! It's bad bro. Get well soon.

Sorry to hear.  Get well soon.

PS.  Take your time and recover well before commuting again.  :whistling:

Quick question guys: I am going to Italy for two weeks in July ( :clap: ) and will miss some mileage ( :thumbdown: ).

The first week we are touring on bicycles and then racing the Pinarello GranFondo on the Sunday.

Would i be able to log the miles as commuting when we travel from hotel to hotel?

Hope you feel better soon. Like the challenge at the top of the table.

Good luck and take your time to recover properly. :)

Thursday is D-Day for my shoulder op. So tomorrow is my last day of riding for 6 weeks :(  :(  :(  :(

Quick question guys: I am going to Italy for two weeks in July ( :clap: ) and will miss some mileage ( :thumbdown: ).

The first week we are touring on bicycles and then racing the Pinarello GranFondo on the Sunday.

Would i be able to log the miles as commuting when we travel from hotel to hotel?

If I understand your question correctly ... Is touring commuting?

Thursday is D-Day for my shoulder op. So tomorrow is my last day of riding for 6 weeks :(  :(  :(  :(

Good luck and setup your indoor trainers so you can get your legs spinning in the second half of the recovery so that you are back into commuting faster.

Good luck and take your time to recover properly. :)

Thanks. Have pretty much written off racing for the rest of the year anyway so no excuse to not recover properly. Going to be washing my bikes just to keep the dust off them :clap:

Good luck and setup your indoor trainers so you can get your legs spinning in the second half of the recovery so that you are back into commuting faster.

Might need to do that just to stay sane. Doing bugger all at home is going to drive me mad. Been filling up my pvr with movies but I struggle to sit down and watch a 1 hr mini series episode with my wife so not sure how I am going to tackle this. It's different when you are sick and lying on the couch is all you can do but when you are healthy, just got your arm in a sling and not allowed to move it I think will be difficult.

Sorry to hear.  Get well soon.

PS.  Take your time and recover well before commuting again.  :whistling:

After being off the bike for so long, it's best to start very slow, AND, wait for summer, the cold is not good for the healing process.

Correct.

I would be inclined to say yes. Start and end point is different and it is something that you could have done in a car. You will most probably be carrying bags etc with/on you. Not sure what the others think but I wouldn't have an issue. Although, as last years winner maybe you should forfeit these miles.

hang tough and heal well!

I would be inclined to say yes. Start and end point is different and it is something that you could have done in a car. You will most probably be carrying bags etc with/on you. Not sure what the others think but I wouldn't have an issue. Although, as last years winner maybe you should forfeit these miles.

Hotel to Hotel commuting is also fine by me.

Archived