Trail / Enduro choices - Plz

Yo-Yo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. This is becoming far to much. In a good way. I have just done the maths and I can order the Capra 29 full bike in Alu with the super deluxe out of France for R36,000 and collect when I am at the Tour De France later in the year. SA pricing for the same model is R49,000 

If I sell the Process as a complete bike for about R17,000 & add that to the budget then I can get the base carbon model and a whole new bike.

No. This is becoming far to much. In a good way. I have just done the maths and I can order the Capra 29 full bike in Alu with the super deluxe out of France for R36,000 and collect when I am at the Tour De France later in the year. SA pricing for the same model is R49,000

If I sell the Process as a complete bike for about R17,000 & add that to the budget then I can get the base carbon model and a whole new bike.

Doooooooooo eeeeeeeeet

That sounds like a great idea. I reckon if you're going for the alu version, it might be worthwhile going for the Alu Comp version that has the upgraded suspension for not too much extra in price, I also think that the Maxxis rubber may be better on the Comp version.

That sounds like a great idea. I reckon if you're going for the alu version, it might be worthwhile going for the Alu Comp version that has the upgraded suspension for not too much extra in price, I also think that the Maxxis rubber may be better on the Comp version.

Haven't checked the full specs but that sounds like a good idea. It seems like the availability on the Alu is June. Gives me time to save up so more money and aim for the carbon. The Alu base one for R36,000 with lyrik, code R, deluxe rear, is an amazing price. I like alu frames and have not been that impressed by the carbons ones I've tested but maybe it takes some getting used to. I have always thought carbon for the road riding and alu for the off road riding. Maybe it is time to change that view. 

Sweet bayyybeee Jeesus. What is happening? Your first list was a pretty amazing list of potential  upgrades especially from a not too shabby Process. Next thing it just goes cray, cray.

I was late to this thread and reading through it I was 'get the Norco, get the Norco'... then I was like 'what about an orange Stage Five or Six?', then I was like 'wow, get the Mondraker, get the Mondraker' because R17k off that beast with the coil and not the most nuts price tag, considering what it is and what's it capable of!

Then suddenly Canyon is coming in to SA and then the new pricing for the Capra's drops like a bomb. Too many great bikes on the loose at the mo' but that Capra 29'r either in ally or carbon looks a hell bargain n' fits the bill judging from first reviews.

You could fly out, get a great couple of weeks riding in france, spain or where ever, come back with the base carbon Capra and still be saving coin over the local price. 

I'm also mulling an upgrade from my Tranny Smuggler and was thinking of the Norco Sight or Orange Stage Five. That Mondraker is very tempting but for the coin you just can't go past the YT. If you can get it at the overseas price you'd be nuts not to. 

I actually need to go to the UK later this year again... now I'm thinking. Maybe I missed out on those 2 Orange's for a reason. :)

Edited by hellocolour

... or maybe I'll just wait for everyone to rush to sell off their Mk1 Capra's and Jeffsy models for the new ones and stock up! :) 

I think the YT in Alu or Carbon is going to be best deal. When is the Jeffsy due for an upgrade?