Kiddies carrier... advice/raad..of selfs advies

L.T.G

I need a kiddies carrier/seat for my bike for my toddler.

I've got a weeride and it won't work, I was hoping to get the Thule RideAlong, but it won't work either unless I change my fork (which isn't going to happen)

Anyone had any experience with the Feva Star Seat?  

post-6012-0-36040900-1518430266_thumb.jpg

or any other suggestions?

there's never a perfect answer, but the question in many different forms has been asked before so can look here

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/111023-which-babyseat-ibert-or-weeride/?hl=weeride

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/162416-child-carrier/?hl=feva&do=findComment&comment=2951574

or just put in 'feva' 'ibert' or 'weeride' in the search topic

personally, i have had a borrowed ibert but now have my own feva. they work ok, but are a mission to load on and off the bike.

Star seat FTW. I started using mine 4+ years ago when my laaitie was 18 months old. He's turning six in April and we're still doing the school run (Grade R), which includes some sections of the Coetzenburg XC track and G-spot here in Stellies. The Tikbos trail on Friday was a bit dodge though... My daughter turns 4 and also loves the school run on alternate days (Eden forest single track). They actually fight to "ry fiets met pappa." Her ride is approx. 40 min.

Get a proper helmet, as well as safety glasses 'cause the front wheel chucks little stones at their faces...

Also check the "riding with kids" thread for more info.

post-33762-0-41466600-1518430822_thumb.png

there's never a perfect answer, but the question in many different forms has been asked before so can look here

Thanks guy..

Also check the "riding with kids" thread for more info.

and .. of course!! I forgot about that thread .

Thanks 

I have the Feva and can higly recommend it. Takes me less than 60 secs to fix the 3 attachments.

My kids use/used it up to about 4 years - I find their legs get too long. I guess it would work from about 18 months, depending obviously on their back strength, etc.

What I like is the fact that the mass is centered “inside” me and not at the back where it can rock you from side to side. I will also be able to offer better protection in case of a fall, etc. They have an unobstructed view and can see what happens in the control cockpit. I can also keep a good eye on them.

I love that feva Star seat so much I imported a few hundred for the N Z market. They are amazing.

I had previously used Thule and wee ride and a few other contraptions. The star seat was the best.

Easy to install

Does not damage bike

Involves the kid in the riding process

So much to like.

Thanks Wayne....

This.., was my next question:- Does not damage bike.

Involves the kid in the riding process:- That's why I didn't want anything rear mounted. Want him to see where we're going etc.

Well, I ordered one yesterday. Will do a test ride in a couple days.

Thanks to all for the help :thumbup:

Thanks for the help everyone, I got the Feva seat last week and it does the trick :clap:

Took Logan for a spin on the Cradle route Yesterday.

post-6012-0-36030800-1519036180_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-78751000-1519036208_thumb.jpg

post-6012-0-51752500-1519036263_thumb.jpg

Archived