Sunrace 11-50 casette

Storm 78

I am upgrading my wifes 2x10 to a 1x drivtrain. Wil a Shimano SLX rear deraileur(11 speed) work on a 11-50 Sunrace cassette or should I stick to a 11-46?

You'll need a longer b-screw, or maybe wolftooth's goatlink to accommodate the big 50t cog. And it obviously goes without saying the cassette must be 11spd and not 12spd.

Watching this one..

Been running a Sunrace 42-11, switched to a 46-11 around 2 weeks ago, and might go down the 1 x 50 route next.

If you stick with the 2 x 46-11, just keep an eye on what size front rings you are running. I'm 26/36, and the 36-46 looks to be a bit of a stretch for the XT long cage derailleur (so not using it just in case).

Tom

Personally I think you are really pushing the design specs to their limits of derailleurs when you go multiple front rings with these large range 11spd cassettes. The clutch on that derailleur is probably smoking under the strain.