Phenom vs Power saddle for MTB

Groenkloof1

Hi

I would like to hear from hubbers who have ridden both the Phenom and the Power saddle on a mountain bike.

Most would likely say the new Power saddle is great- I do however note with interest that Kulhavy, Grotts and Gaze are all on the Phenom.

Looking forward to some input

Regards

If don't move alot on your saddle then go with the power saddle. If you move alot then go with the Phenom.

I even switched my road saddle to Phenom as well.

My 2c

Such a personal thing. I love the power saddle, hate the Phenom. But asking other people about saddle choice is like asking about underwear choice - very subjective.

Tested the Power now for 4days and various terrain. The Power was AWESOME when sitting in one position to grind away at km’s. However, when I rode it at Wolwespruit and Thaba Trails, it was less impressive.

I’m returning it tomorrow, and I’ll not be fitting one on a permanent basis.

So I've ridden both and I really like them both. I picked the phenom in the end. I used to sell power saddles like cupcakes at Revolution Cycles and they are extremely popular but if you visit a specialized concept store near you I'm confident they will have both power and phenom saddles for you to demo. This is a very personal decision so be sure you've tried them both for yourself before making your decision

I have ridden both .

Kept the Power saddle on my MTB .

I ride a lot of long dirt roads , as well as places like BRB and Modders .

Find it very comfortable .

Took the Phenom off my road bike and put on a Power saddle ..... still trying to get comfortable .

So , as much as I love the Power saddle on my MTB , not 100% sold on the road bike yet !!

I used to ride the phenom and have moved to power saddle. I found with phenom after a long ride i would get numb around the gentleman area. The power saddle being shorter has sorted me out. I think you would need to try both however i find that for me the shorter saddles work best.

I recently want from a Gobi to the Specialized Henge which is mtb specific. Really impressed with it so perhaps give that a try too

I rode both, switched back to the Phenom on both bikes, road & MTB.

Did a desert Dash training ride with the Power saddle (160km) but still used the Phenom for the actual event 2 weeks later.

Archived