Fox Talas Travel Spacers, where to buy?

Hello Ruan

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Fox Talas Travel Spacers or any other alternative functioning product? I know you get those Fox Clip-On Travel Spacers to adjust the fork’s travel but where?

Thanks

Hello Ruan, what fork do you have?

AFAIK the TALAS system doesn't use spacers to adjust travel.

But some of the normal (not TALAS) fox forks can be adjusted with spacers in the air spring (my fox 32 is an example if this.)

Spacers can be ordered through a decent LBS (some shops are just useless) or through Stoke Suspension works (Cape Town) and I think Cogent Industries up north will be able to help you.

My suggestion is to phone Andrew at Stoke and chat to him, he'll advise you best.

Hello Ruan, what fork do you have?

But some of the normal (not TALAS) fox forks can be adjusted with spacers in the air spring (my fox 32 is an example if this.)

Spacers can be ordered through a decent LBS (some shops are just useless) or through Stoke Suspension works (Cape Town) and I think Cogent Industries up north will be able to help you.

My suggestion is to phone Andrew at Stoke and chat to him, he'll advise you best.

Look at this fork: https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/298337-fox-fit-32-talas-adjusts-130-150mm-ctd-650b/

It does. On certain (newer) models you can adjust the range with these

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/help/page219-tychg8/inline/IMG_6983a.jpg

And the total travel with these.

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/help/page219-tychg8/inline/IMG_7173.jpg

Depends exactly what he wants done. And of course the limitations of the fork in question.

@OP: What exactly do you want to change? I would check the website. Any reputable bike shop should be able to order it for you.

It does. On certain (newer) models you can adjust the range with these

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/help/page219-tychg8/inline/IMG_6983a.jpg

And the total travel with these.

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/img/help/page219-tychg8/inline/IMG_7173.jpg

Depends exactly what he wants done. And of course the limitations of the fork in question.

@OP: What exactly do you want to change? I would check the website. Any reputable bike shop should be able to order it for you.

I want to reduce the travel on the fork from 150 to 130. But I was thinking my best bet is to just ask a shop if they can order and so on.

I want to reduce the travel on the fork from 150 to 130. But I was thinking my best bet is to just ask a shop if they can order and so on.

I'm pretty sure the forks range is 120-150. So ideally, you would want to change the range from 110-140mm for the bike in question. Assuming this is at all possible. This amounts to a pricey excersize which might not be worth the time, effort or cost thereof.

Lets break it down.

Fork: R3500.

Hub: R600

Spokes and nipples: R600

Labour for lacing wheel: R400?

Fork rebuild labour R600?

Seals, spacers, bumbers: R600?

I'm probably off with my pricing guesses but close enough to know that you looking at spending 5 possibly 7k on this experiment. Only to want another bike in a few months anyways.

Take it from someone who has had a travel adjust fork. Its a feature you just don't need. Great to tinker with in the begining. You'll tell yourself that you can climb better in the lower position but in the end it will just annoy you once you forgot to adjust the travel between climbing and descending. Sooner than later. You'll just leave it the one setting. Its also just another thing that can possibly go wrong with the fork.   

My advice? If the bike is not keeping up. Sell the Stance. Buy a Trance.

I'm pretty sure the forks range is 120-150. So ideally, you would want to change the range from 110-140mm for the bike in question. Assuming this is at all possible. This amounts to a pricey excersize which might not be worth the time, effort or cost thereof.

Lets break it down.

Fork: R3500.

Hub: R600

Spokes and nipples: R600

Labour for lacing wheel: R400?

Fork rebuild labour R600?

Seals, spacers, bumbers: R600?

I'm probably off with my pricing guesses but close enough to know that you looking at spending 5 possibly 7k on this experiment. Only to want another bike in a few months anyways.

Take it from someone who has had a travel adjust fork. Its a feature you just don't need. Great to tinker with in the begining. You'll tell yourself that you can climb better in the lower position but in the end it will just annoy you once you forgot to adjust the travel between climbing and descending. Sooner than later. You'll just leave it the one setting. Its also just another thing that can possibly go wrong with the fork.   

My advice? If the bike is not keeping up. Sell the Stance. Buy a Trance.

Thanks for the advice, taken to heart and will rather get a bike later on. Thanks a lot and to everyone who has replied!

Archived