*A bike light for UNDER R1000!!

Speedi

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smiley36.gif Sorry got carried away . Over to you now . Give us the full diagram of your creation and photos of the light shinning onto your gardenshed on a moonless night from 50 meters away .

Thug it just went up to R20 now !

ok will take some pics tonight. well i guess thats it! iv shown it to all you Hubbers. what else must i tell you?

Marius' date=' sound advice.

I'm going to mention Brighter Lights again. The oke spend many, many thousands of rands to get the proper parts together. Yes, its fun to build your own, but the bug will bite and you will want to go better and better, and by that time you could have bought a HUGE light and have saved allot of money.

If your current 180 lumens light works for you, stick with it, unless you got the money to experiment, blow LED's, cause battery fires, etc etc, which is exactly what BL has done in the last 2 years. Trial and error costs allot of money in that came.

[/quote']

but it still beats watch reruns on SABC

Does she accept 5c coins ?

Sorry, now that DR & I have had our fun and games for the afternoon, I really like the duvet, where can I buy one ?

Seriously.....

The light looks good.

Where do you plan on mounting the battery holder ?

water bottle. do you have a better idea? cause im open for comments! or might velcro it to the bottom of my top tubeSpeedi152008-06-05 06:02:13

Speedi15' date=' don't get me wrong. I'm all for experiment and take my hat of for the people that take the time to do them.

No back to your light. If youuse a Mag lite and cut off the barrel and only mount the head unit on your bars. Then get some of those clamps for the light that they use to attach it to the wall and mount the barrel next to the bottle cage. That will look great.

[/quote']

coolidea mampara, you know that the maglights make a LED 3W(?)  bulb for there torches, which you can buy at the yales shops for a few hundred rand?

well the torch i used cost less than 500 bucks.! and it gives 10hrs. so far 10 hrs! havnt used it for very long

Would probably be easier to velcro under the top tube that way the bottle cage can be used for its intended purpose.

water bottle. do you have a better idea? cause im open for comments! or might velcro it to the bottom of my top tube

Can't you use a water bottle and pop it full of penlights. About 8-10 of them?