YETI bikes, disgusting corporate behaviour

zeepee

santa cruz moved to cycle lab, after years of having its brand grown by boutique store owners. i am sure many smaller shop owners are PISSED off. 

Bottom line is if you dont have exclusivity rights or own the brand for SA you are always at risk of losing agency or having a neighbour store stock same product.

this is not the 1st time and will not be the last. 

this thread should never even have started. its unfair to the new distributor, as cool as the previous distributor was they did not leverage the brand sufficiently. 

you want niched, go buy a bespoke bike made to order (probably by a subsidiary of Giant)

I bought my SC when they were distributed by Dragons in 2007 ...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-54517-0-65764300-1523343986_thumb.jpgPhew ok happy this has been sorted now, was worried I'd get lynched for riding my beautiful Yeti.

yoh... this turned somewhat sour!

yeah... Nsquared being really polite took the wind out of this 'friday' thread quickly!

So Yeti bikes with fizik saddles, vittoria tires.... seems cool so far

I have a Ti Railed Tundra saddle from pre 2012 ... that saddle is still awesomely comfortable, and the trails are still arrow straight ... given the mileage that saddle has seen, the uppers are still in a very good condition. 

During this period, I have been through many other saddles on my other bikes, and they can just not last like the Tundra does.

Before the thread is locked or deleted, lets all take note of the constructive lessons which it has proffered , which I am pleased to see that the OP has indeed taken on board tonight:

1. Never lift your pen in anger! It invariably comes back to bite you once the anger has dissipated.

2. What applies to the pen applies 100 fold to the keyboard, and a thousand fold to a public post on an internet forum. Once its in the cloud, its indelible.

3. If your’e determined to trash a brand or a person online, make damned sure you can back up what you have said with facts which fall within the ambit of truth and public benefit, and if you don’t understand these concepts - stay silent.

This applies as much to email as it does to twitter / FB or bikehub. Once you hit the send button, its destination is totally out of your control.

Always be measured and circumspect. When in doubt, hit cancel.

Penny Sparrow’s 140 character rant was life altering. Not in a good way.

10000 likes !!!

Archived