Disc covers for wheel

BradSen

Hi folks, planning to convert one of rear road wheels into a disc wheel. Avoiding the hefty price tag that comes with, there are disc cover options I'm exploring. 

Option 1 is do a full diy, which is quite a bit cheaper (just using a certain grade plastic). 

Option 2 is getting a custom cut/fit disc cover, like these guys in the US ($100, or R1,200). http://www.wheelbuilder.com/aero-disc-covers.html

Does anyone know of any local people that do the above? And what it might cost? 

Thanks. 

Brad 

Hi Brad,

I don't know of any local options, but I habe bought one of those covers from Wheelbuilder. The process was easy and straight forward and it didn't take long for the cover to arrive.

It's good quality and works well. Not as well as a full disc, but it does cost a fraction of the price. It definitely makes a difference though...

thats what initially inspired all of this a few months ago :)

Considered making my own with cardboard : :w00t:

1 x useless slightly funny token post....

Thanks Dude. may actually try wheelbuilder then. Did they ship direct to you? 

Hi Brad,

I don't know of any local options, but I habe bought one of those covers from Wheelbuilder. The process was easy and straight forward and it didn't take long for the cover to arrive.

It's good quality and works well. Not as well as a full disc, but it does cost a fraction of the price. It definitely makes a difference though...

• 1 month later...

Funnily enough, this is exactly the image that got me thinking about cheap wheel cover options. 

1 x useless slightly funny token post....