So when's Hunter getting an 07 deal?

rock

was thinking about it when I read this morning that Pena (another Phonak rider) signed with Unibet.....are there any Phonak riders left besides who aren't sorted for 07 ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aur?lien Clerc (Swi) = Bouygues Tel.
Martin Elmiger (Swi) = to: AG2R.
Bert Grabsch (Ger) = to T-Mobile
Nicolas Jalabert (Fra) = Agritubel
Floyd Landis (Usa) = fired
J.Patrick McCarty (Usa) = TIAA
Axel Merckx (Bel) = to T-Mobile
Koos Moerenhout (Ned) = Rabobank
Alexandre Moos (Swi) = to BMC Racing
Steve Morabito (Swi) = to: Astana
Uros Murn (Slo) = to Discovery
Gregory Rast (Swi) = to: Astana
Michael Sch?r (Swi) = to Astana.
Florian Stalder (Swi) = Vorarlberg.
Johann Tschopp Swi) = Bouygues Tel.
Steve Zampieri (Swi) = to Cofidis

Victor Hugo Pena (Col) = Unibet

Hunter is gonna ride MTB for team Raleigh next year.

PS: This is a joke. Do not take it serious. The above mention statement can not be confirmed or denied but may be use with some ketchup. No pixels were harmed in making the above mentioned statement, but some might have been aroused. This message will not destruct in 5 seconds.

I imagine he has a few offers on the table.  He was noticeable doing the donkey work in most of the flat stages for Landis in his stage race wins and most DS's will remember his wins in Qatar, Switzerland, Netherlands, Tour of the Med etc.  Probably the only hold up is himself trying to negotiate a few more Euros.

I see there are only 4 riders now left from Phonak looking for a job - doesn't look too good eh?

With Basso off the payroll, I think that CSC will be able to conclude a deal for the services of our Robert... me thinks...

Is it coincidence that Riis is here in SA??? convenient for negotiations, isn't it

lets hope.....that team gets results and it will be great for RH to get a nice big WIN in Europe in 07.

perhaps thats why he's been holding out - maybe it was in te air if Basso goes they can then do a nice deal with him (obvioulsy not as a replacement - but  just a good rider who commands a fair wage)

I think he is just learning a lesson like David George and others that it gets tougher to get a contract as you get closer to 30 years old.

Especialy if you are just a middle of the pack rider.Keep that day job Hunter or maybe Supercycling can help you out.

RH is not a middle of the pack rider.I rate him higher than that.Melooks at the scoreboard on that one.

Finnishing one out of five TDF races is a lot of money wasted on a rider.

The international teams don't take notice of races like Tour of Qatar at the begining of the season when no one is fit and has a rating equal to the Giro in Cape Town.On my scoreboard Hunter rates a Zero

stringbean how many TDF did Jaan Kirsipuu finish  none in about 14 attempts.  And he wasnt a zero rider or a waste of money

CSC would be an amazing opportunity for him as it would be for anyrider. Its undoubtedly the best run team.

stringbean how many TDF did Jaan Kirsipuu finish  none in about 14 attempts.  And he wasnt a zero rider or a waste of money

He won stages...Confused

Surly you not comparing him to Kirsipuu.Who next?Tom Boonen

The difference between him is they have all won stages in MAJOR races,not races with mickey mouse ratings on the UCI callender

Guest colonel

IM going with Stringbean on this one, sorry guys but I do hope for the best, you have to admit he is a tough rider.