Colnago C40 B-Stay Build

A very nice hubber in CT  :thumbup:

Thought i recognized that grouppo, its well looked after and extremely well maintained.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Alain, I'm currently stuggling to decide between a less expensive 10 speed classic chorus build or a higher performance 11 speed super record build.

Also bought a pair of gold Shamals that I thought would work for this but my word, they clash!  :eek:

I think the only thing those wheels would work with is either a gold or plain black bike.

Also bought a pair of gold Shamals that I thought would work for this but my word, they clash!  :eek:

I think the only thing those wheels would work with is either a gold or plain black bike.

Or maybe something like this :

post-50-0-84807300-1530886949_thumb.jpg

I'll take them off your hands

Or maybe something like this :

attachicon.gif20160713_120144_resized_1.jpg

I'll take them off your hands

I'll send you some pics, yellow and gold might not go a well as you think :)

Lovely bike and I like the Shamals on it. I picked up a pair of those for a mate who is rebuilding that titanium CT1 Colnago that was going down in the Cape.

• 4 weeks later...

Life gave me a p@35klap and I'm not getting through this build as quickly as I'd like.

One change I've made so far was to use the Super Record to upgrade my C59 and I have now opted to go with classic aluminium 10 speed chorus for the C40 to go with the classic Campagnolo Nucleons that I found in immaculate condition.

The chorus shows a fair bit of wear and I wanted to see if anyone on here had gone through the process of restoring/polishing an alu groupset and what suggestions you would give.

One of the things I might need to worry about is if I polish the coating off then the groupset will corrode quicker.

• 1 month later...

Scrap that, yesterday I saw a great deal on a very entry level Fuji bike in the classifieds. The catch... it had 10 speed Record on it :)

nevertheless to say the bike got stripped down yesterday, this morning I washed and degreased every component in sub zero temperatures while my fingers froze solid and now I have a partly built C40 nearly ready to go for cables and tuning.

Haven't had time for good pics but her's a taster.

post-50555-0-29339100-1536510019_thumb.jpeg

Scrap that, yesterday I saw a great deal on a very entry level Fuji bike in the classifieds. The catch... it had 10 speed Record on it :)

nevertheless to say the bike got stripped down yesterday, this morning I washed and degreased every component in sub zero temperatures while my fingers froze solid and now I have a partly built C40 nearly ready to go for cables and tuning.

Very nice looking machine

Finished my one this weekend pics are too big to load off my phone

As long as you don't load pics upside down or sideways

• 2 weeks later...

So after building her last weekend, JMK1 supplied the final critical items like a chainring and brake calliper nut and set the gearing up to perfection.

Today we had our first ride together.

Build:

Frame: Colnago C40 B Stay in AD14 (MK3)

Groupset: Campagnolo Record 10 Speed

Wheels: Campagnolo Nucleon clinchers with Campagnolo record skewers

Finishing Kit: Selle Italia SLR Flow, Colnago seatpost, Dedo Zero 100 stem, Zipp SLSS carbon bars, Supacaz tape, GP 4000 tyres, Look Keo 2 Max Blade pedals

post-50555-0-87017200-1537730456_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nakoota

Great combination you put together. One of only a few nearly 20 year old bikes that can easily run with the latest marvels. Your build should be pretty light also. I would guess 7.5 kg without pedals. :thumbup:

So after building her last weekend, JMK1 supplied the final critical items like a chainring and brake calliper nut and set the gearing up to perfection.

Today we had our first ride together.

Lovely bike and even better to hear you're riding again - keep this beauty upright Des

Edited by Waynemol

Great combination you put together. One of only a few nearly 20 year old bikes that can easily run with the latest marvels. Your build should be pretty light also. I would guess 7.5 kg without pedals. :thumbup:

Co-incidentally my C40 with Record 10spd carbon and Kysirums weighs the same as my Extreme Power with Super Record, Chorus cassette and Kysiriums at 7.5 kilo's.

My C40 is way more comfortable than EP which granted was built for racing. The EP is way more responsive and turns in better. I'm still getting used to riding a traditional frame as I've been riding compact frames since 90's.The 10spd Record is as smooth as butter for a 10yr old groupset.

Campagnolo wears in, everything else wears out.

post-13716-0-56039300-1537771059_thumb.jpeg

post-13716-0-25184300-1537771080_thumb.jpeg