Garmin Forerunner 30 GPS Running Watch

CoachShane

Hi Guys,

Has anyone used this watch when cycling? Reviews?

My wife uses one, no cadence, just shows a run bet much faster, then you can change it in GC or strava.

• 1 year later...

Anyone with first hand experience with this watch?

I don't need it for running. I need to replace my vivofit 3 as it is getting old and giving a few battery issues. I basically need a watch that does steps for my multiply benefits. I also want time, date and wrist based HR 24/7. I wear the watch all the time except for when charging. I was about to get the vivosmart 4 but then takealot went and put this one on the blue dot sale for R90 less than the vivomart 4.

Anyone with first hand experience with this watch?

I don't need it for running. I need to replace my vivofit 3 as it is getting old and giving a few battery issues. I basically need a watch that does steps for my multiply benefits. I also want time, date and wrist based HR 24/7. I wear the watch all the time except for when charging. I was about to get the vivosmart 4 but then takealot went and put this one on the blue dot sale for R90 less than the vivomart 4.

I have one and works well - Occasionally even use it for riding.  When just in use as a watch counting steps etc mine lasts weeks on a single charge.  Plus I'm getting old and I can tell the time easily because the number are big. I occasionally have issue with HR function not picking up my heart rate accurately.

I have one and works well - Occasionally even use it for riding.  When just in use as a watch counting steps etc mine lasts weeks on a single charge.  Plus I'm getting old and I can tell the time easily because the number are big. I occasionally have issue with HR function not picking up my heart rate accurately.

Cool this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks. So in normal "watch" use, it has steps, HR, Time and date displayed? Doesn't have to all be at the same time but I don't want to have to sync and check app to see steps all the time. Does it record your sleep?

I bought one a few months back, on special at Dions. Used it quite often for cycling as well and comparing with my edge 820 its quite accurate with distance and time, HR is OK but not great. Easy to use and charges quickly, uploading activity is a breeze. Usage time will depend on what you set it to, less functions longer battery life. 

Cool this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks. So in normal "watch" use, it has steps, HR, Time and date displayed? Doesn't have to all be at the same time but I don't want to have to sync and check app to see steps all the time. Does it record your sleep?

You can customize some of the fields, my main screen is time and date, scroll key for HR, messages, steps, etc.  Sleep patterns you can see on app under Health Stats

Edited by scotty

I bought one a few months back, on special at Dions. Used it quite often for cycling as well and comparing with my edge 820 its quite accurate with distance and time, HR is OK but not great. Easy to use and charges quickly, uploading activity is a breeze. Usage time will depend on what you set it to, less functions longer battery life. 

Takealot got it for R1599, which is pretty cheap. If it does the same as the vivosmart 4 then i'll go for it because its R90 cheaper and for an SAA employee I need all the discount I can get :lol:

You can customize some of the fields, my main screen is time and date, scroll key for HR, messages, steps, etc. 

Ok cool so sounds like it will do the job just fine. Thanks, scotty.