Which wheels to buy

Mkapnoudhis

Hi all. Im glad the post is active and all are adding their 2cents.

So im not a weight weenie per say but if I could shed a coulle of grams here and there id like to, especially if lighter rims make a huge difference on the centrifugal effect too.

I have kind of narrowed my search down a bit to either the lyne Pulse or the Rapide TR rims. It seems they are great value for money and a few people on the chat use them.

Is there any chance some friends on here could add some detail about experience with those rims. Like are they silent or not ( as asked earlier) and maybe some pics of other people’s setups? Weight limits, etc?

Edited by Mkapnoudhis

Hi all. Im glad the post is active and all are adding their 2cents.

So im not a weight weenie per say but if I could shed a coulle of grams here and there id like to, especially if lighter rims make a huge difference on the centrifugal effect too.

I have kind of narrowed my search down a bit to either the lyne Pulse or the Rapide TR rims. It seems they are great value for money and a few people on the chat use them.

Is there any chance some friends on here could add some detail about experience with those rims. Like are they silent or not ( as asked earlier) and maybe some pics of other people’s setups? Weight limits, etc?

Great choice, I only have the front built with a Rapide rim on a Hope Hub, I live just down the road from you so if you're keen to inspect the rim before you buy give me a shout.

Don't bother with American Classic, they're no longer being made and the rims are made of cheese.

Lyne FTW if you're keen on saving weight and cash, then you can get on to the fork next. A Reba will make a massive difference compared to the Recon that's on there now.

Don't bother with American Classic, they're no longer being made and the rims are made of cheese.

Lyne FTW if you're keen on saving weight and cash, then you can get on to the fork next. A Reba will make a massive difference compared to the Recon that's on there now.

Hi bru. Thanks for the reply. My bike actually has fox step cast 32 with remote lockout on. Not to bad shock.

Hi Matt

My choice will be Stans Arch MK3, heavier, but strong and rigid.

CWC have the option to build with Hope Pro 4, for below your budget.

Having said that, have received good feedback on the Rapide and the Lyne.

Lekker TransAugrabies gery!

Jeandre did Augrabies on Rapide.

Cheers

Gerhard

Matt - vat net n Dremel en verweider alles op jou bike wat swaar lyk.

Hahahaha dis n uitstekende idee  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hi Matt

My choice will be Stans Arch MK3, heavier, but strong and rigid.

CWC have the option to build with Hope Pro 4, for below your budget.

Having said that, have received good feedback on the Rapide and the Lyne.

Lekker TransAugrabies gery!

Jeandre did Augrabies on Rapide.

Cheers

Gerhard

Hey Gerhard, dankie vir die insette man

Ja transAugrabies was amazing gewees. Ek was nie so fiks soos ek wou wees nie. 

Ek kyk tans na die Rapide maar dis stans Arch klink ook nie vir my te sleg nie. 

I am also interested in these wheels. Are the hubs silent or do they sing ?

Any chance of a video upload of the hub and wheels ? (Please)

They aren't too loud. Pretty much the same as your std Shimano hubs.