15 mm Crowfoot Adapter

_David_

Any idea where locally I can buy a 15 mm Crowfoot adapter to torque down my Vector pedals?

Any idea where locally I can buy a 15 mm Crowfoot adapter to torque down my Vector pedals?

The Toolshop in Strydom Park - can't you use a hex key on the back of those pedals instead of the crowsfoot?

Edit - I looked at some pictures - clearly you can't use a hex on those.

But the Toolshop will have as individual items - just make sure you have the correct adapters to your torque wrench at the same time - given that a lot of them are 3/8ths drive (which your torque wrench may or may not be)

Edited by V12man

So would you adjust your torque settings for the changed pivot angle?

Just a question....

generally not - although the torque arm will be longer - usually it's more about consistency than accuracy - and the torque wrench will make it consistent - you can figure out the math to see the difference if you like - not material enough to be concerned because the crowsfoot is pretty short.

Sorted thanks - R270 from Adendorff's in Strydom Park.

attachicon.gifIMG_0240.JPG

Check they are thin enough to fit between the pedal and crank without binding - before you go to town and damage the crank and/or pedal.

I have plenty of spanners (ok - at least 4) that have been ground to fit specific places on motors to avoid this problem of binding up when parts are tightened - and it's an expensive mistake.... one I have paid before ...

So would you adjust your torque settings for the changed pivot angle? 

Just a question.... 

No adjustment needed if you use the crowfoot at 90° to the wrench.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/renderers/torquewrench/images/90degcrow.jpg

Good old Ardendorff, got my bearing puller from them too, can do everything from hubs to bb using it. No point in paying big moola for a tool I use a handful of times a year.