Should I, Shouldn't I?

Tromps

I'm currently on a Merrida HFS3000D which is an awesome frame. I am contemplating going to a carbon frame.

I weigh about 108kg's though, should I, or shouldn't I?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read and heard that carbon gives you a much more controlled ride. The frame is stiffer.

Carbon is sooooooooooooo last year! its not all it's cracked up to be Tromps.

Meaning?

I've read and heard that carbon gives you a much more controlled ride. The frame is stiffer.

LOL

Tromps.....

Seriously though....

I would rather spend my money on parts and components, better wheels, better sadle, helmet, HR monitor etc. that go from a perfect alu bike to a carbon one.

Why do you want carbon?

'cause it BLINGS!!!!Big%20smile

Ja, OK - blings is a reason ne! Maar otherwise daars min reason.

Damn, it's wonderfull being a Newbie, your heads filled with all the k@k you've been reading in Cycling Magziens and you believe all the Marketing Hype published, aaaaa, wish I could go back to those days. \

Don't worry Tromps, we'll have you on the right track in a few posts.

Ok. Why not carbon?

It's expensive.  It cracks when crashed....and on a MTB you crash A LOT! LOL

Did I mention expensive?

Would I buy a carbon MTB if I had a chance?

HELL YAAHHH!!!  Big%20smile

Carbon is Bling. Titanium is Bling. Scandium is Bling and a combination of Carbon, Titanium and Scandium is XXX Rated Bling. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

That's it.

Stiff, Responsive, Light and Smooth, all the HYPE Talk you?ve been hearing RE: riding characteristics can be found from ANY material including STEEL. You just need to find the one that works for you.

BUT that's not what you want to hear, you NEED a reason to spend 12-18k on a Carbon frame, right??Tongue  If you already made up your mind we can be that kinda friends too, we'll tell you how great it is and so forth. So what's it going to be?

if you are cash flush. get carbon

if you want braggin rights get carbon

if you want to go faster - get better wheels, better shifters, better brakes, better cranks, better gears. Then you go faster.

if you are cash flush. get carbon

if you want braggin rights get carbon

if you want to go faster - get better wheels' date=' better shifters, better brakes, better cranks, better gears. Then you go faster.

[/quote']

Jislaaik Slowbee, you learn fast. Proud of you Slowbee-son. Soon student will become master.

"Carbon does not belong on a MTB" a quote from a famous hubber who shall not be named.

I have seen very few broken carbon road frames, but mtb frames too many to have a sense of comfort (especialy if I put on 38 kg to get up to 108)