Should I, Shouldn't I?

Tromps

What did you get? Come on tell us!!

i bought it yesterday ... on the hub .....

Embarrassedsorry for the hijack

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you just get a light alu frame like a BMC or Trek and fit it with a nice groupset and those wheels that you mentioned you already have.  It won't be much heavier than a carbon frameThumbs%20Up

On the other hand Tromps....  The GT Zaskar Team is probably the nicest hard tail frame there is....

The black one though....  the white one looks "sussie-agtig"....

Why don't you just get a light alu frame like a BMC or Trek and fit it with a nice groupset and those wheels that you mentioned you already have.  It won't be much heavier than a carbon frameThumbs%20Up

My current bike weighs at about 10.8kg.

Unless you have the skills to ride all-mountain properly' date=' you?ll  just be a passenger on your bike. Which is why you need to learn the right techniques on a hardtail first?

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/technique-hammering-hardtails-i-16845[/quote']

i dont have any experience big ben, but i think that is sales talk.....

surely you can learn to ride on a dual .... in chatting to many people you dont need to have a hardtail first.

Unless you have the skills to ride all-mountain properly' date=' you?ll  just be a passenger on your bike. Which is why you need to learn the right techniques on a hardtail first?

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/technique-hammering-hardtails-i-16845[/quote']

i dont have any experience big ben, but i think that is sales talk.....

surely you can learn to ride on a dual .... in chatting to many people you dont need to have a hardtail first.

Riding a hardtail first will make you a better rider. You learn to pay more attention to picking your lines and how to cope with technical sections of trail since a full-suspension bike makes these sections easier to negotiate.

Minty, surely you will also learn how to pick lines better anyway with time on a dual? At first a few mistakes will be made but then you get better?

The fact is that a FS bike makes you lazy at picking lines. On a hardtail you are forced to pay more attention to these things and that makes you a better rider IMO.

I've experienced this myself after getting a rigid bike recently. Same goes for a friend who switched from a FS bike back to a hardtail.

That being said....don't you go getting second thoughts about buying Crow's bike. I owned one myself and it is the best XC FS bike there is!

Riding a hardtail first will make you a better rider. You learn to pay more attention to picking your lines and how to cope with technical sections of trail since a full-suspension bike makes these sections easier to negotiate.

They should not sell FS bikes to first time buyers. I've learned alot on my HT and for open flat sections I liked it more then the FS. But the FS is just sooooo much softer on the body. 60km off-road does not fees like 100km.

[ 60km off-road does not fees like 100km.

Correct, the fees for 100km are more than 60km.

I am quite willing to sacrifice being able to pick the "perfect" line and as trade-off not bliksem off my bike.

Long life FS for first time buyers!

[ 60km off-road does not fees like 100km.

Correct' date= the fees for 100km are more than 60km.
[/quote]

Ag gaan k@k man. Yes Tube! members don't give each other sh!t. Go and read your club oath again.