Football

IceCreamMan

8 hours ago, justinafrika said:

Long overdue.  I’ve never understood why football associations tolerate this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/31/football-referees-chief-howard-webb-says-behaviour-allowed-to-decline

I agree. It’s disgusting what managers and players do these days. A few months ago on my linked in feed someone posted about Klopp and how he epitomises a good leader. The article was well written and made some good points. I was very tempted to portray the other view of a petulant child when he does not get his way. Same with the players. In my day ( and I was Sunday league player getting a subsistence at best) running up to the ref would get one a red card immediately. I don’t recall players behaving like this in the old first division either. It detracts from the game and erodes the refs status on the field. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our season starts this evening away to Sheffield Wednesday. It’s on the box too so there’s a win. 
Will be going regularly to games this season, Guildford city, Aldershot and Farnborough games and then StMarys too. Some away games too this season to see stadiums I have not been to before. Maybe even a Wrexham home game if I can get tickets  which these days are extremely difficult to get  

on the betting front, last season I made a total of £129.84 quid. Not too bad for what is essentially a lil hobby where I place small bets to try out wit William hill. A night at the pub basically. 

let’s see what this season holds, hopefully promotion and a small amount again over William. 

I'm waiting Chelsea vs Liverpool match on Sunday, August 13. I'm fan of these teams. I like sports bettingand I downloaded an app at https://mostbetyukle.com/ to try my luck. It offers bonuces for new players. Never thought it could be so exciting to win. It's not a guaranteed way to make money but with the right research, knowledge, and discipline, it's possible to increase your chances of success. I focuse on a few key sports that I know really well and I prefer to bet on point spreads and over/under bets. 

Edited by greys

1 hour ago, greys said:

I'm waiting Chelsea vs Liverpool match on Sunday, August 13. I'm fan of these teams.

Good luck.

I am expecting my team to go through the season sans Harry Kane. But I am still optimistic that our changed system can be just as rewarding 

6 hours ago, greys said:

I'm waiting Chelsea vs Liverpool match on Sunday, August 13. I'm fan of these teams.

Will be watching with two mates who support those teams.  Will be fascinating.

First game is always and this one could go either way. Hoping for LFC win but Chelsea can't be as bad as they were last year !

On 8/9/2023 at 11:13 AM, greys said:

They having a ding dong in the transfer market as well. Geepers can't believe FSG laid out that amount of money for one player, wait can't believe FSG paid that amount of money full stop. . But will defiantly take it. 

Harry Kane looked pleased and excited after completing his move.  My fellow gooners and I are also well pleased, he scored far too many goals against us.  I think no-one would be surprised if he scores even more at BM, as he won’t be asked to track back as much.

30 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Harry Kane looked pleased and excited after completing his move.  My fellow gooners and I are also well pleased, he scored far too many goals against us.  I think no-one would be surprised if he scores even more at BM, as he won’t be asked to track back as much.

Unfortunately this app only allows one emoji response…. 🤷🏽‍♂️

I think HK10 deserves the move, and Tottenham have done extremely well to get their fee, under the circumstances.

I for one, have been willing BM on to seal the deal so the we could regroup and move on after HK10. He’s been a dedicated servant till the end. Go well HK10, and wish you all the best.

However, I’m not convinced the BM have improved sufficiently to benefit fully from Harry’s talents. Their goalkeeping and defense are their weakness- just as it’s been at Spurs! So I don’t expect a UCL trophy anytime soon.

And now, I am looking forward to the new era at Tottenham with a whole lot of excitement. Although our new keeper will take a little time settling in, I still expect great things! COYS 👊🏽

Edited by RoddieJ

Kane s move is a mistake imho. The man could have achieved immortality at spurs being premiership top scorer and spurs hero. Instead he moved for 30 pieces of silver and a few worthless trinkets. No trophy at Bayern is worth it save the champions league. 

He is already fabulously wealthy.