Football

IceCreamMan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually in the opposite boat... they were very lucky to get past us last year and I think they will always struggle against the best sides. Of the English teams City and Liverpool I reckon would generally have their number and then the usual suspects of Bayern, Real, Barca etc

Those knockout rounds are always tight and anything can happen, but I'd put them as the nearly rans much of the time.

Only difference is this year WE are the best side..[emoji6][emoji1696]

It is very early days..and a lot of footy to be played between now and Xmas..we will see how things look after xmas..

The PL teams have made it very difficult for themselves so far in the competition..many are in very tight groups.

Edited by Gen

Need to change the heading of this thread.... Lets talk Juve.

Sorry...

But any time.

Should just change it to Football

Edited by Gen

Like Liverpool, juve had poor opposition this week so hard to class their good performances [emoji55]

And that is why you should watch more serie A..to see for yourself[emoji39]

Oh my heavens, Milan, United and Real Madrid..same whatsapp group.

I'll be very surprise if Gattuso makes it to xmas..the man is in over his head..loved him as a player..but not so sure he is the man for the job at Milan..and it is a difficult job atm...

Lazio with a great performance away against Marseilles last night....some stunning goals scored.

Just watched QPR vs Aston Villa. At the end of August iirc QPR were played 4 lost 4 bottom of the heap. Since the a great run has seen them get to within 3 points of P1.

It’s the same team, same defenders that leaked goals back in August but somehow have set the championship alight.

Confidence is a magical thing.

Shame Villa lost. So sad. :clap: :clap:

St Andrews and Villa Park are only 4km apart, but seeing I was born closer to St Andrews I became a City supporter.

No idea how they sort out supporting Everton or Liverpool. Those two grounds are only 1km apart.

Edited by Baldrick

St Andrews and Villa Park are only 4km apart, but seeing I was born closer to St Andrews I became a City supporter.

No idea how they sort out supporting Everton or Liverpool. Those two grounds are only 1km apart.

The Dundee sides are next to each other iirc.. Edited by IceCreamMan

Always interesting the hear why people support clubs esp when they have no ties to teams/area.

My dad was from Italy and supported Juve, but he wasn't from Turin in fact he was born and raised almost as far away from Turin as possible..and because I was a daddy's girl of course I naturally support Juve... my brothers though Juve are their Italian team..but they are United fans first..which is weird..but I think that comes from my eldest brother's influence over my other brother and that during 80's the Premier League was all we saw on the TV..

My eldest son is Roma bef@k.. because of Totti ..I could never influence him to lean more to Juve..he just loves Totti and the way Roma play..youngest son is a Messi fan and therefore a Barca fan...but in Italy he supports Juve..hubby is a Milan fan because of George Weah. ..

One thing all of us agree on ..we do not like Inter..in fact we hate them..

Not sure I could say I really have a PL team..over the years I liked certain players so would support which team they played for in the PL.. but I am not a huge fan of the PL. I enjoy the tactics of Serie A.. a team's tactics will change 3/4 times a game..so I enjoy the so to speak chess game of Serie A.

I get frustrated when commentators and pundits (always british) don't see the tactics unfold on the pitch..like on Tuesday when Juve brought on Barzagli..and they said..Juve taking off a attack minded player for a defender..no what Allegri did was change the formation from 4 at the back to 3 ..why because United were pressing and other 2 subs (Costa and Bernardeschi coming on was fresh legs) then meant that they would try stretch United on the counter.

Edited by Gen

Always interesting the hear why people support clubs esp when they have no ties to teams/area.

My dad was from Italy and supported Juve, but he wasn't from Turin in fact he was born and raised almost as far away from Turin as possible..and because I was a daddy's girl of course I naturally support Juve... my brothers though Juve are their Italian team..but they are United fans first..which is weird..but I think that comes from my eldest brother's influence over my other brother and that during 80's the Premier League was all we saw on the TV..

My eldest son is Roma bef@k.. because of Totti ..I could never influence him to lean more to Juve..he just loves Totti and the way Roma play..youngest son is a Messi fan and therefore a Barca fan...but in Italy he supports Juve..hubby is a Milan fan because of George Weah. ..

One thing all of us agree on ..we do not like Inter..in fact we hate them..

Not sure I could say I really have a PL team..over the years I liked certain players so would support which team they played for in the PL.. but I am not a huge fan of the PL. I enjoy the tactics of Serie A.. a team's tactics will change 3/4 times a game..so I enjoy the so to speak chess game of Serie A.

I get frustrated when commentators and pundits (always british) don't see the tactics unfold on the pitch..like on Tuesday when Juve brought on Barzagli..and they said..Juve taking off a attack minded player for a defender..no what Allegri did was change the formation from 4 at the back to 3 ..why because United were pressing and other 2 subs (Costa and Bernardeschi coming on was fresh legs) then meant that they would try stretch United on the counter.

I reckon we beat you away, if we leave Lukaku on the bus[emoji57]

I reckon we beat you away, if we leave Lukaku on the bus[emoji57]

But your bus had a flat..4 of them[emoji6]

Edit..

But re Lukaku.. you all heavily criticise him for his game on Tuesday..but forget important things..

1. Chiellini had him in his pocket.

2. He is your target man..but your creative players Mata and Pogba had to spend much of the game helping defence. So there was very little opportunity for them to create anything for Lukaka. He wasn't getting anything of quality..

3. Have a look what Juve did in the second half..they "gave" you the right side of the field..why because Young is so predictable..get the ball run down the right..try cut in to put the ball into the box..but his quality isn't good enough and Alex Sandro had his number while they limited Martial on the other side.

Edited by Gen

My son supports Arsenal even though he was born here in SA. I believe it's because they were  the first team alphabetically that pops up on playstation. Myself, I've been a Newcastle Utd fan as I come from Hexham in the North East.

I think both Newcastle & Southampton should hand in their Premiership cards after that performance :thumbdown:

Game not televised here was following online. Was a must win game. More points dropped. Luckily Cardiff, Huddersfield Newcastle an Fulham all shite. Going to be a long season