King Price R1 Bike Insurance

Grease_Monkey

And how does one tell if the broker is not pushing his/her own preferred insurance companies?

It's like with financial advisors who push only the products in their portfolio, and make BS claims.

Erm ask for comparative quotes, ask about claims experiences and and and. Look there is always the chance that somebody is taking a chance so it’s alway your responsibility to look after yourself, we are adults.

The difference is a broker is required by regulation to act on their clients best interests.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick thread hijack, what is typically considered a valid claim and what is not? I'm new to the whole bike insurance thing and I'm trying to get an idea of what people typically claim and what they can not claim.

When you claim for the theft of your S-works Epic and Tarmac that were stolen from your bike rack (one of which was posted by the insurer in the stolen bike section of the hub) then don't advertise both bikes for sale on the hub after you're paid out! 

That is NOT a valid claim - and also a major reason bicycle premiums are so high.

The worst part is they agreed on a financial settlement - there weren't even criminal charges as far as I am aware (R200k+ insurance fraud).

But most insurers seem to be very good at paying out legitimate claims for both damage and theft so make sure you get comprehensive cover. If it's a legitimate claim then there are very few (no) insurers that won't pay you out. Just read (and then follow) the rules properly...

When you claim for the theft of your S-works Epic and Tarmac that were stolen from your bike rack (one of which was posted by the insurer in the stolen bike section of the hub) then don't advertise both bikes for sale on the hub after you're paid out! 

That is NOT a valid claim - and also a major reason bicycle premiums are so high.

The worst part is they agreed on a financial settlement - there weren't even criminal charges as far as I am aware (R200k+ insurance fraud).

WTF?!

Archived