Cranky old Bastards 94km ride

FirstV8

This morning we decided to up our Saturday morning rides to the 100 odd km mark per time . Its summer , the sun is up , the routes between the fields are still dry and the wind is not so strong . The route 95 % off road on single /Jeep track and gravel road so your legs work all the time . We one stretch of 12 km next to the railway line with ballast stone along the whole length which is bone jarring to say the least . We also have a about 8 km of very wide gravel road BUT the surface is very lose and soft so your front wheel is not yours it has a mind of its own and you need to keep in a reasonably low gear to keep the momentum up . The fields are cut short ready for planting so a lot of our "slithering friends " come out and fortunately thisĀ  one got taken out before we came . On thursday we came across a black Mamba and today's one was a rinkhals . Be Careful out there guys remember we are in there territory .Pics attached are The Strava grab , the rinkhals , my bike having a puncture sorted and my ugly face during the ride .

post-111826-0-24292000-1537646085_thumb.png

post-111826-0-22553700-1537646131_thumb.jpg

post-111826-0-01659100-1537646186_thumb.jpg

post-111826-0-75233700-1537646282_thumb.jpg

This morning we decided to up our Saturday morning rides to the 100 odd km mark per time . Its summer , the sun is up , the routes between the fields are still dry and the wind is not so strong . The route 95 % off road on single /Jeep track and gravel road so your legs work all the time . We one stretch of 12 km next to the railway line with ballast stone along the whole length which is bone jarring to say the least . We also have a about 8 km of very wide gravel road BUT the surface is very lose and soft so your front wheel is not yours it has a mind of its own and you need to keep in a reasonably low gear to keep the momentum up . The fields are cut short ready for planting so a lot of our "slithering friends " come out and fortunately this one got taken out before we came . On thursday we came across a black Mamba and today's one was a rinkhals . Be Careful out there guys remember we are in there territory .Pics attached are The Strava grab , the rinkhals , my bike having a puncture sorted and my ugly face during the ride .

Damn, that sounds like an awesome ride! Bike looks very good and you don't sound too cranky. Keep up the adventuring!

Quite a top lip soup-strainer you boast there old boy (said by a hubber who can't grow a decent 'stach'.)

Had this soup strainer for 47 years . Gets trimmed but never taken off . ThanksĀ