Gravel Road Rides 2019

Chris NewbyFraser

Cullinan 2 Tonteldoos does not allow gravel bikes.

Race to Sun, not sure I’ll do on gravel bike again.

Swartberg Gran Fondo is perfect for gravel bike. Descent back to Prince Albert in the drops requires concentration.

Not sure there’s any benefit doing TransBaviaans on gravel bike. Sure you’ll be slower and will suffer more.

Karoobaix is a fantastic event but very tough.

Gravel Grinders offered from Prince Albert is perfect for gravel bikes and great fun.

Hi

Cullinan to Tonteldoos did allow me with my Gravel Bike this year. They even allowed me to use my Tri Bars

I also did the Trans Baviaans on my Salsa Cutthroat Gravel. The gearing was completely wrong hence I siffered. I had a Fox 34 Stepcast fork on and it worked very well for the TB.

Regards

Jack Black

Hi

Cullinan to Tonteldoos did allow me with my Gravel Bike this year. They even allowed me to use my Tri Bars

I also did the Trans Baviaans on my Salsa Cutthroat Gravel. The gearing was completely wrong hence I siffered. I had a Fox 34 Stepcast fork on and it worked very well for the TB.

Regards

Jack Black

• 4 months later...

Does any have a calendar for the gravel races for 2020?

Do you mean races that are exclusively raced on gravel roads or races that are gravel bike friendly (this one will depend on who you ask) or races that are limited to only gravel bikes?

I ask because we're redoing the events calendar on Bike Hub and it appears to be an impossible thing to classify.

Do you mean races that are exclusively raced on gravel roads or races that are gravel bike friendly (this one will depend on who you ask) or races that are limited to only gravel bikes?

I ask because we're redoing the events calendar on Bike Hub and it appears to be an impossible thing to classify.

Hey Nick. Shees. Nothing is simple nowadays.  

Let's say races on gravel roads (so Swartberg Gand Fondo, etc, etc) + races limited to gravel bikes. 

That should catch most of them.

Thx