[Event] Imbuko Big Five MTB Challenge

Gravel Travel Events

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aap de Heuz is something special there though, nice to have it open to ride again just for this event.

..can't seem to notice words like "special" and "epic" mentioned by some excited hubbers for the event......guess deep down everybody are lovers of the Big S, as clearly, yet subtly, displayed here in the (not-so-secret code) language 

..can't seem to notice words like "special" and "epic" mentioned by some excited hubbers for the event......guess deep down everybody are lovers of the Big S, as clearly, yet subtly, displayed here in the (not-so-secret code) language

seems you might be onto something but unfortunately my lips are sealed ???? & I cannot reveal much more ????

And there are some very leka singletrack! I wrapped myself around a tree on Full Monty 3 on a recce run so I have a bone to pick with that segment :thumbup:

so “technically” you did Full Monty 1,2,3 & 4???

so “technically” you did Full Monty 1,2,3 & 4???

hahaha, lets hope there isn't a #5 next week   :whistling:

So, you have descended the Scouts Trail :thumbup: , Black Hawk Down :w00t: , Cool Runnings, Cool Runnings Too :clap: , all the Full Monties :eek: , and Route 66 :thumbup: !

Following Climb Number 4 of the Big 5, which is Groenberg (the Buffalo), the Golden Mile  :wub:  :D awaits! 

With only three days left to enter, you need to commit now! The weather forecast looks favourable!  ;)

BEAT THE UNBEATABLE...

post-12757-0-79349400-1550409156_thumb.jpg

So, you have descended the Scouts Trail :thumbup: , Black Hawk Down :w00t: , Cool Runnings, Cool Runnings Too :clap: , all the Full Monties :eek: , and Route 66 :thumbup: !

Following Climb Number 4 of the Big 5, which is Groenberg (the Buffalo), the Golden Mile  :wub:  :D awaits! 

With only three days left to enter, you need to commit now! The weather forecast looks favourable!  ;)

BEAT THE UNBEATABLE...

I entered this morning, looks like an amazing event - I have 5 days to train, any recommendations ? .........I believe the route is mostly flat, so I guess a few road rides, or two spinning classes at best, should do the trick ??

I entered this morning, looks like an amazing event - I have 5 days to train, any recommendations ? .........I believe the route is mostly flat, so I guess a few road rides, or two spinning classes at best, should do the trick ??

Oooh, no! Just be careful..you might be over-trained by Saturday :unsure: . We recommend a week of rest and tapering ;) .

Oooh, no! Just be careful..you might be over-trained by Saturday :unsure: . We recommend a week of rest and tapering ;) .

I need to beat The Captain...

I recommend long rides with lots of climbing... don't rest at all... don't even sleep... 

So, you have descended the Scouts Trail :thumbup: , Black Hawk Down :w00t: , Cool Runnings, Cool Runnings Too :clap: , all the Full Monties :eek: , and Route 66 :thumbup: !

Following Climb Number 4 of the Big 5, which is Groenberg (the Buffalo), the Golden Mile :wub: :D awaits!

With only three days left to enter, you need to commit now! The weather forecast looks favourable! ;)

BEAT THE UNBEATABLE...

we’ve had some questions regarding the water tables, what will be available in terms drink & food?

I'm under-cooked at the moment....but will be there. Salivating for the descents....fearing the ascents....and will probably be swearing at myself for doing this on mountain climb 4 and 5...

:wacko:  :huh:

we’ve had some questions regarding the water tables, what will be available in terms drink & food?

Water points will be at the following distances:

18km

33km

46km

58km

69km

All water points will have the following:

Coke, Water, Endurade 

Potatoes, Bananas, Donuts, Banana bread, Jellies, Water melon, Simba chips

In addition to the above, the 5th water point will ALSO have boerewors rolls.

:clap:  :w00t:  :drool: