TREK questions

keith

Makes no difference in my life... I like my Prince. I like it even better with the Campag on it. I don't really care where it was made. My scooter is from China' date=' and it is perfect for what it is. My motard comes from japland isn't just the best thing since sliced bread, it beats the **** out of sliced bread any day.
Oh, and I'm from the focking east tooWink
[/quote']

but not the far east, that's brakpanLOL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like Campag even better if it were made in the East.  Then it would be cheaper (and probably better) than a bunch of overpaid Italians could produce.

101% - I know you guys pay (although a lot less than most) for your bikes.  We had this discussion a year or two ago.

Guest Big H
I would like Campag even better if it were made in the East.  Then it would be cheaper (and probably better) than a bunch of overpaid Italians could produce.

101% - I know you guys pay (although a lot less than most) for your bikes.  We had this discussion a year or two ago.

Wise words..... in fact verrrry wise words.

Me to... I love my campag, I'd never change it, but I would no mind it being cheaperWink

The disclaimer of course is that we don't want the Japanese to make it as their labour is also too expensive.  I'm thinking China, Taiwan, Malaysia when I see East.

Guest Big H

The disclaimer of course is that we don't want the Japanese to make it as their labour is also too expensive.  I'm thinking China' date=' Taiwan, Malaysia when I see East.
[/quote']

Does that mean they can make Shimano even MORE dependable and cheaper????????

trek are expensive because Sheryl Crow's ex-boyfriend used to ride them. Campagnolo is expensive is because they cannot exploit cheap, sweatshop labour like they do in the East.

I liked Lance,and he did raise cycling standard

and do not think Trek is expensive because he rode one, I just think Trek is expensive overall, and their are just as good bikes out for alot less,

and they look better, who does not care about looks??

I do,

but

In the entry level, you get a lot more Felt bike than Trek bike for the same anount of moolah!  Don't know about the upper end of the range.

linnega!!! You seriously miss informed!!!! WE PAY FOR OUR BIKES !!!!!!

You can't compare Trek to Giant !!! Giant don't only make there frames but make for hundreds of other brands we see on our roads . Trek do all there top end frame inhouse .

1st point!!! what sort of frame technology and research can be done if they bring out a new design every year??? Trek have over 50 Engineers working on their technology for about 4 years before launching a new product' date='

Look at bikes like Raleigh . You've hardly enjoyed your bike or ridden it in properly then all of a sudden spy photo's come out of next years model and you bike drops in value like a ton of bricks .

2nd point! Trek give a "life time warranty on there frames" Not many manufactures have that sort of confidence in there products .

The biggest problem with us cyclist is we all believe we know everything about cycling !!! We've all got the attitude "cause I ride it , that makes it the best"

Most people only run Trek down cause of there gripes with Armstrong/Discovery ,

Take emotions out when buying a bike . Buy what you can afford and what will give you the best warranty , specs and price.

Dont think just because it comes is funky colours that match your shoes it a good bike!!Wink

[/quote']

Sensible words.

In my experience it's a unanimous vote from many unrelated sources that Trek is the leader by a long shot in the bicycle industry when it comes to their carbon fibre technology. Saying that, I wouldn't buy a Trek carbon road bike, I prefer the Italian manufacturers but as far as carbon fibre technology goes Trek leads the way. Their carbon weaving/bonding process has been explained to me (by a Trek rep) in relation to other manufacturers' carbon bonding processes and it makes perfect logical sense why the process Trek uses is superior to other manufacturers' processes. http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/company/technology/oclv/

As 101% said, there is a reason Trek offers a lifetime warranty on all their bikes! Smile
Mr. Skinny2008-06-19 10:36:18

There are only only 4 real frames in cycling that have proven themselves over the years with quality' date=' results and back up........ Colnago,Merkx,Bianchi and Pinnarello....... All the rest are waanabe!!!!! TRY ONE!

[/quote'] I beg to differ.

Hi My name is MooToo I have 6 Treks in my garage cos they the best

2 x Madone 5.9 Aero, 1 SSLX, 1 Groot Trek Tandem and 2 MTBs

Remember It's not about the bike

Shocked

Anton you let my wife hear that and I will come find you even in Af-kan-i-stannie Wink

Remember It's not about the bike

Shocked

Anton you let my wife hear that and I will come find you even in Af-kan-i-stannie Wink

I have ordered a Specialized Tarmac SL, I also heard it is not about the bikeEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

ps: and by the way it is AfkakistanWinkWinkWinkWink