Mismatch by Problemsolvers

Jacoo

Hi there.

As much of a sram fanboy as i am, Ive been leaning towards getting xt brakes over my XO brakes. I feel like i will prefer the more aggressive bite. One thing i really like about matching brakes and shifters though is the fact that they use the same clamp. Ive come across a product online called mismatch clamps, and they allow to run shimano brakes and sram shifters together. I don't have brakes just yet, but i just want to find out so long, do these or something similar exist in sa? It seems like a really simple design, maybe someone has diy'ed some sort of solution for this?

Heres the link

https://problemsolversbike.com/products/brakes/mismatch_-_30797

Ah thanks! Dont know how i missed it. They look a bit different to the ones in my link, i dont really understand how the top part works? How does it accommodate the shimano clamp?

Ah. You need the reverse. Those are for shimano shifters with sram brakes.

You'll need to keep digging. 

This thread might help.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/153399-matchmakersdating-of-shifters-and-brakes/

Although, your best option would probably be a couple emails and phone calls. Someones gotta have it

Eish, i wouldve guessed the one i need would be far more popular than the reverse. Will check it out. Thanks

Try Grant Usher at Sprocket & Jack, he helped me out with some Problem Solver bits a while ago.  He was super helpfull.

Edited by PeterF

HIJACK ALERT :

Problemsolvers make a hanger to that fits on a horizontal dropout which allows one to run a derraileur on a SS frame.

Where can I get one? S&J don't have.

Hi there.

As much of a sram fanboy as i am, Ive been leaning towards getting xt brakes over my XO brakes. I feel like i will prefer the more aggressive bite. One thing i really like about matching brakes and shifters though is the fact that they use the same clamp. Ive come across a product online called mismatch clamps, and they allow to run shimano brakes and sram shifters together. I don't have brakes just yet, but i just want to find out so long, do these or something similar exist in sa? It seems like a really simple design, maybe someone has diy'ed some sort of solution for this?

Heres the link

https://problemsolversbike.com/products/brakes/mismatch_-_30797

For what it is worth, over the weekend I had my SRAM TLM brakeset replaced in its entirety with Shimano XT. I have a GX Eagle drivetrain. The guys at CycleLab did it for me and it all seems to work great. The SRAM brakes worked okay but they always felt spongy to me and I just didn't like the modulation of them as compared to the Shimano items; also, they seemed to require a lot more lever force to lock the back wheel than the Shimano XT brakes, especially since I fitted metal pads in the TLMs. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with them it's just that if you are used to Shimano (as I am), they really feel a bit strange.

• 11 months later...

How did you mount your Sram Shifter?

For what it is worth, over the weekend I had my SRAM TLM brakeset replaced in its entirety with Shimano XT. I have a GX Eagle drivetrain. The guys at CycleLab did it for me and it all seems to work great. The SRAM brakes worked okay but they always felt spongy to me and I just didn't like the modulation of them as compared to the Shimano items; also, they seemed to require a lot more lever force to lock the back wheel than the Shimano XT brakes, especially since I fitted metal pads in the TLMs. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with them it's just that if you are used to Shimano (as I am), they really feel a bit strange.

why do you want to lock the back brakes?

How did you mount your Sram Shifter?

SRAM shifter on it's own clamp seperate to the brake lever clamp. Doesn't bother me/works for me.