Full suspension XC bike

Zorro5614

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought a 2019 Scott Spark RC 900 Team for R48 000 (Advertised for R66 990 at Bike-Addict).  The big price difference is a bit strange, so could not pass up this.

Also now have some spare cash for some upgrades if needed, maybe the Syncros wheels

Great, well done and enjoy...............

I hope you got it in orange  :drool:

i think the 2019 team only comes in orange? I may be wrong

A buddy also pulled trigger on this bike and he thought he got a good deal, this is a steal compared to his "good deal".

Just bought a 2019 Scott Spark RC 900 Team for R48 000 (Advertised for R66 990 at Bike-Addict).  The big price difference is a bit strange, so could not pass up this.

Also now have some spare cash for some upgrades if needed, maybe the Syncros wheels

Nice bike! I think you made the right choice. My 1st choice is also a Scott Spark RC with a carbon wheel upgrade. Stuff the 2 water bottles in the frame nonsense that is for "playing pro". :ph34r:

Yes it is Orange

Think the spare cash will let my buy a nice wheelset

Only concern was the SLX brakes, have used XT brakes a lot

Really like the suspension with 3 settings on the remote

Yes it is Orange

Think the spare cash will let my buy a nice wheelset

Only concern was the SLX brakes, have used XT brakes a lot

Really like the suspension with 3 settings on the remote

I have SLX brakes on my Anthem..........no problems since 2014

I am probably treating myself to the Norco optic in green soon.....................

Upgrade recommendations:

1. carbon wheels

2. KCNC seat post

3. Carbon handle bar

4. Lyne carbon cranks

5. Formula Race brakes

Upgrade recommendations:

1. carbon wheels

2. KCNC seat post

3. Carbon handle bar

4. Lyne carbon cranks

5. Formula Race brakes

First 4 are on my wishlist

SLX brakes are 99% the same as the XT. Think the bite point adjust is the only big difference? Either way, they slow me down plenty quick!

My son has been involved with XCO now for 5 years, and the biggest problem I have seen has been broken chains or other drivetrain and tyre related issues.

Get a good dependable drivetrain, and use good tyres. And maintain it like a boss. Yourself preferably.

Nice new frames and carbon wheels are nice, but I have seen guys own a race on a normal aluminium framed Giant.

Stuff the 2 water bottles in the frame nonsense that is for "playing pro". :ph34r:

Or just for people that drink lots ;) I like to run a dropper, so my XC bike must take 2 bottles in the frame - in a race where I know there are big gaps between water points or just a hot day I remove the dropper and put a 3rd cage on the seatpost.

That said, I sweat alot more than the average person, so I need it.

Oh, and hydration packs are awesome, just not on XC bikes haha.

SLX brakes are 99% the same as the XT. Think the bite point adjust is the only big difference? Either way, they slow me down plenty quick!

Very much the same. I know XT has tool-less reach adjust which is pretty nice, not sure if SLX has that? Not worth paying extra for that alone though coz once it's set up it's set up....

Very much the same. I know XT has tool-less reach adjust which is pretty nice, not sure if SLX has that? Not worth paying extra for that alone though coz once it's set up it's set up....

SLX has the tool-less reach adjust :thumbup:

Than the SLX brakes seem to have no drawbacks

Well except for all the normal drawbacks that come with Shimano brakes ;) (runs out of the forum swiftly)

If the Anthem had space for two bottle cage, I would probably have bought it already

Might just need to dust off the Camelbak

XC is lap riding, why do u need 2 bottles or a camelbak?

Archived