Full suspension XC bike

Zorro5614

XC is lap riding, why do u need 2 bottles or a camelbak?

Yup. I real racing snake just takes a few sips from the bottle before throwing it away far enough for their second to work up a sweat to go and retrieve said bottle, now muddy and still 3/4 full.  :huh:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. I real racing snake just takes a few sips from the bottle before throwing it away far enough for their second to work up a sweat to go and retrieve said bottle, now muddy and still 3/4 full. :huh:

Rinse and repeat.....

Than the SLX brakes seem to have no drawbacks

SLX are good brakes, but check the weight of SLX brakes vs Formula R1 Racing.

Or just for people that drink lots ;) I like to run a dropper, so my XC bike must take 2 bottles in the frame - in a race where I know there are big gaps between water points or just a hot day I remove the dropper and put a 3rd cage on the seatpost.

That said, I sweat alot more than the average person, so I need it.

Oh, and hydration packs are awesome, just not on XC bikes haha.

You drink lots but only have 2 water bottles, do you only ride xc laps around a river or tap? haha

You drink lots but only have 2 water bottles, do you only ride xc laps around a river or tap? haha

Well 2 is still more than 1?

If it is a really long ride and there is nowhere to stop I will ride with a pack. But where most guys make it waterpoint to waterpoint with 1 bottle in a race, I need 2. Not the full 2, but more than 1.

My son has been involved with XCO now for 5 years, and the biggest problem I have seen has been broken chains or other drivetrain and tyre related issues.

Get a good dependable drivetrain, and use good tyres. And maintain it like a boss. Yourself preferably.

Nice new frames and carbon wheels are nice, but I have seen guys own a race on a normal aluminium framed Giant.

I think it's 'cos the majority of racers are shifting under power all the time, and in some cases under some serious power. That's a no-no, but in the case of XCO I understand why. 

Archived