[Event] The Jackal Dash 2019

TicketRush

Event Name: The Jackal Dash 2019
When: 9 February 2019
Where: Northern Farm, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The perfect comeback event for 2019.

Northern Farm is returns with the second installment of the sellout Jackal Dash MTB & Trail Run. It is just what you need to get your big year of adventure off to a great start. Experience the beauty and tranquility of Rhenosterspruit and the Crocodile River Reserve on the footsteps of Johannesburg. Just a 20 minute drive from fourways. Northern Farm is bringing you a new spectacular MTB race and trail run. Put that new years resolution to the test on the 9th of February 2019.

The Jackal Dash hosted by Northern Farm brings you a wide variety of never before raced trails across various distances:-

- 65km MTB Ft. trails from Northern Farm, Rhenostersprui

t & the Crocodile River Reserve. R290

- 40km MTB Ft. trails from Northern Farm & Rhenosterspruit. R240

- 20km MTB Ft. trails from Northern Farm. R170

- 8km Trail Run Ft. trails from Northern Farm. R115

Take on the varied terrain with race categories to suit all and get you back into shape for 2019.

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Entrants from batches D and E finished much earlier than they were supposed to. Barely doing 40km after entering for the 65k. Signage directed riders to a point, where a 'marshall' then told people to turn around.

what a badly organised event

this was due to the same area been used for the start and finish area

so as the first finishers on the 8 km trail run were coming in so the finish line area (same area as start was full of 40 km cyclists

waiting to start

confusion reigned

the runners had no clear area or idea of where to go. i saw the first runners running along a path only to then encounter barrier tapes demarcating the start area and having to duck under tape to finish in the finish area

the same story for the first guys finishing the 65 km bike ride

finish area was full of 40 km riders waiting to start

so the finishers had to weave among guys waiting to start causing the first 3 riders on the 65 km to go back to get their names recorded

if the organizers dont believe me they can mail the first 4 finishers of the trail run and the first 3 finishers of the 65 km ride and get their input

it should be simple, the names are known and each entrant had to furnish an e mail address to enter

so if the organizers are really interested in getting feedback its easy enough

that said the event in my view was badly organised and i wont enter next year

EDIT

further to my post above

got an sms with my results

here it as i got it

Congratulations <NM> on finishing Jackal Dash 20km MTB in a time of <TM> Overall pos: <OP> Category pos: <CP>. Find Results on https://bit.ly/2MUAVoe

seems the software glitched and couldn't get the data from the database to put in my names and times etc

Edited by rorydewet

Entrants from batches D and E finished much earlier than they were supposed to. Barely doing 40km after entering for the 65k. Signage directed riders to a point, where a 'marshall' then told people to turn around.

so if they only did 40 km but were measured against the others who did 65, did the winners as published actually win

i must admit i thought it strange that 65 km riders were finishing in 2 hours

if they only rode 40  km the 2 hours makes sense

i just hope the event organizers come clean and tell us what went wrong

hey SHIFT CONCEPTS what happened?

Yes, it seems there was some confusion between poorly marked routes on the 65km, and the old "follow the leader". Many of the 65km participants ended up never leaving the Northern Farm grounds. 

I did the 40km, which was a nice route. The profile indicated two water points, and there ended up only being 1 (at approx 13km's), then 27km's of nothing. Organizers claim they're only required to have one every 25km's, but poor form if you've advertised the second one. We obviously plan refuels according to WP's, so I was riding with guys who had run out of water at 30km's, and still had 10km's to go. Also, water points were exactly that, water points - lukewarm water. No coke/sweets/potatoes etc. 

Last year's event was pretty cool - I don't recall the same issues. 

Anyways, I agree, doubtful that it'll be sold out again next time.