Reinhardt du Plessis killed in accident

Call Me Crazy

from the report it looks like a guy in a truck carrying lead jumped a stop street and went into his car and the try to flee the scene but was apprehended by another motorist who forced him to stop and kept him there till the autorities arrived. The report say the guy is from Botswana and he apparently does not have a licence ???? hell man that is crazy how can the place where he loaded the cargo even allow him on the premisis. Uor factroy wont allow you to come and load if you dont have your licence on you let alone have one and the truck must also be roadworthy !!!!! so sad a guy in the prime of his life Cry condolences to his wife family and friends .

Sorry what happened? I cant read afrikaans. How did he die?

He died from brain injuries after he was involved in a car accident.

A truck drove into his car, it was not in any way cycling related.

Such a young man, very upsetting.

Cry May you RIP you will be sorely missed.

We had the honor of Reinhardt staying at our house for many months, in his early days of cycling and  know that he was an asset to have in any team, always willing to do anything for his team as well as his team mates.

May you ride your golden bike for many more miles.

damn this just scares the daylights out of me....prayers and condolences to the family.  May God be their comfort.

CryCryCryCryCry R.I.P.

sincerest condolences to family and friends

we al need to be careful out there at all times - whether we're on our bikes, motorbikes or in our cars.

My  Sincere condolences goes to Reinhardts family and friends and everyone that cycled with him, he was the quiet one willing to do the  extra pull, May God comfort your family

RIP Reinhardt. And condolences to his family. If I remember correctly his brother also died in a car accident. Very sad.