StokedAboutSpokes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Sante Fe's are advertised for < R300k. All are 2.2 diesels:

https://www.autotrader.co.za/car-for-sale/hyundai/santa-fe/premium/25252158

I should also look at Tucson's, i35's and equivalent Kias.

Hyundai and Kia of today are a million times better than the Hyundai and Kia of 10 odd years ago. When they first came to RSA they were cheap korean rubbish. Nowadays they compete with the name brand germans. When a lot of people(myself included)see the prices of the new models we say that is a lot for a Hyundai or Kia but then you go and see what it comes with and compare it to its german(or jap) rival and you will see you still get good value for money. These days, I think you are better off going for a Hyundai or Kia than a lot of other "well known" brands and lets face it, they are good looking cars. The Kia designer used to be the Audi designer.

Hyundai and Kia of today are a million times better than the Hyundai and Kia of 10 odd years ago. When they first came to RSA they were cheap korean rubbish. Nowadays they compete with the name brand germans. When a lot of people(myself included)see the prices of the new models we say that is a lot for a Hyundai or Kia but then you go and see what it comes with and compare it to its german(or jap) rival and you will see you still get good value for money. These days, I think you are better off going for a Hyundai or Kia than a lot of other "well known" brands and lets face it, they are good looking cars. The Kia designer used to be the Audi designer.

They have employed some of the better folks from other brands and it shows.

Peter Shreyer doing the design work, ex head of BMW //M division developing the performance stuff.

Many might/will/are already laughing, but why don't you look at the Mahindra SUV, we have a 2018 sc and dc, not 4x4 but very economical, specs are great and for the price it's a rather good vehicle and their warranties and service packages are good.

Edited by BSG

Many might/will/are already laughing, but why don't you look at the Mahindra SUV, we have a 2018 sc and dc, not 4x4 but very economical, specs are great and for the price it's a rather good vehicle and their warranties and service packages are good.

My BIL bought a Mahindra bakkie for his business. The "bak" is used for real work and it gets driven by staff on occasions but he is very happy with the "cab comforts", diesel consumption, performance, reliability etc.

I am just not sure I am ready to commit the family to one for 300000km.

My BIL bought a Mahindra bakkie for his business. The "bak" is used for real work and it gets driven by staff on occasions but he is very happy with the "cab comforts", diesel consumption, performance, reliability etc.

I am just not sure I am ready to commit the family to one for 300000km.

I've seen older models with more than those kms on. But yes, ours are quite new, mine has got the most kms on which is only 20000km.