[Event] All Mountain Enduro - Uitkyk

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: All Mountain Enduro - Uitkyk
When: 28 April 2019
Where: Uitkyk Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: Enduro

ALL MOUNTAIN ENDURO

Sunday, 28 April 2019

The second Enduro for the year is set for Uitkyk. Some of our favourite trails and not to be missed. Stage information will be released at a later stage, looking at 4 or 5 stages for the day. E bikes are welcome to join, remember there needs to be more than 10 E bikes to qualify for podium.

You will pass the waterpoint multiple times stocked with water, Powerade, Coke, jellies, fruit, Redbull. Return your number board to us afterwards and we will give you a free beer (or Powerade / Redbull). Something to eat afterwards will be available and that very important morning coffee will be ready on arrival.

At the Dirtopia Enduro, you’ll still be climbing. We will make most of the jeeptracks and roads ‘neutral’ or ‘liaison’ sections with singletrack downhills the timed stages. The overall descent of the race will be more than the uphill.

Venue: Uitkyk Wine Estate, R44 Stellenbosch

Start time: 09h00 & registration opens at 08h00

Timing:
Have to own an Amarider Trail Tag. R100 or take a yearly Amarider membership of R225 and a Tag is included! Watch out for the TAG POINTS at the beginning & end of each stage.

Timing will be managed in real-time with @trailtag and riders will check in and out of the Special stages. This means that riders will enter special stages 1 by 1, so no bunfight to get trail position on the singletrack.

Pre-entry cost: R400 for non-members and R375 for Amarider members for one day. Please note that ONLY pre-entries will be accepted! Includes permit & refreshment station. Kids under 18 pay R230 only for pre-entrants!

General: Product prizes from Leatt, Giant & Falke. Medals to all finishers who want one and this year a little something different.

Join the DIRTOPIA ALL MOUNTAIN ENDURO group on Facebook to stay updated on all events and info.

MORE ABOUT ENDUROS:

The first event was held at Dirtopia MTB Festival, Greyton in December’12

Enduro Riding:
Have you done an Enduro event? Then you know what it is about! If not, then here is a summary: riders get timed only on certain sections, which make a very social event, especially at the refreshment station where they re-group. The atmosphere is relaxed with no rush anywhere, except when you gun it between check points!

Total distance of riding not so relevant as riders ride to special stages in their own time and the timed stages are more like downhill racing, although all type of riders can attempt it. Protective gear recommended.

Support

Waterpoint with fruit, Red Bull, nuts & jellies etc will be placed at a strategic point (Pepper Tree) to assist with rider support. The beauty of the format is that you can relax a bit at this station and catch your breath before tagging into the next Special Stage.

The concept

Based on the successful Mavic Trans Provence concept the idea is to bring riding and the results linked to it back to mountain biking and away from the current endurance-only formats. That said, it is not the idea to make the race highly technical as per downhill racing, but simply to focus the competition on the trails component of the sport. And yes, perhaps your skinny tire 29’er carbon hardtail is perhaps not the best choice of bike, although the course will certainly be rideable on it!

At the Dirtopia Enduro, you’ll still be climbing. We will make most of the jeeptracks and roads ‘neutral’ or ‘liaison’ sections with singletrack downhills the timed stages. The overall descent of the race will be more than the uphill.

For further information contact Dirtopia on 021 884 4752 or email: entries@dirtpass.co.za and visit our website: www.dirtopia.co.za

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...

This is going to be my first Enduro. Slightly nervous...hope my bike, body and ego survives the ordeal.

if you've ridden uitkyk before you'll have no problem, there's nothing really tech there, apart from the off camber, which is ofcourse relative to how fast you go...

as for 1st Enduro, have fun and make it to the finish unscathed and bike in 1 piece.

This is going to be my first Enduro. Slightly nervous...hope my bike, body and ego survives the ordeal.

How did it go?

That heat was unexpected, I'm a fried chicken now

How did it go?

That heat was unexpected, I'm a fried chicken now

It was awesome! I did give away my newbie status on stage 1 when I rode straight past the tag post at the finish and started pushing my bike up that little hill while chatting with the guys sitting. They had to send me back to go tag. [emoji28]

The heat and dust was tough towards the end. Fair bit of climbing as well.

Everyone was super friendly. Very different vibe to XC races I have done.

Edited by Delarey

It was awesome! I did give away my newbie status on stage 1 when I rode straight past tag post and started pushing my bike up that little hill while chatting with the guys sitting. They had to send me back to go tag. [emoji28]

Probably me and a few others that shouted you to go back, ya was lekka until that heat before SS4 ????????????

It was awesome! I did give away my newbie status on stage 1 when I rode straight past tag post and started pushing my bike up that little hill while chatting with the guys sitting. They had to send me back to go tag. [emoji28]

Welldone !!! Was hoping to do it with you today, will have to take it up at the next one in Wellington!! 

@Delarey are you the guy we met at the bottom of GSpot on Thursday? You said you’re doing your first enduro this weekend. You’re on an Evil if I’m not mistaken. Glad you enjoyed it!

Anywho. Want to enter the on that Dirtopia is hosting on the 19th of May. How long do these events take?

@Delarey are you the guy we met at the bottom of GSpot on Thursday? You said you’re doing your first enduro this weekend. You’re on an Evil if I’m not mistaken. Glad you enjoyed it!

Anywho. Want to enter the on that Dirtopia is hosting on the 19th of May. How long do these events take?

Lol, yes that was me. It was a tough day. My elapse time for the Endoro 4h15, but we were at back. Total distance was around 30km and the climbing was around 1000. In the heat today it was a touch ride. Edited by Delarey

Can you do enduro on a hardtail? Serious .Question

Today's trails would've been mint on a trail hardtail!

But yeah, some people have even done Ezel and Klipberg on their hardtails, though I wouldn't suggest that haha!

Can you do enduro on a hardtail? Serious .Question

Yes I think there were 2 or 3 there today

Today's trails would've been mint on a trail hardtail!

But yeah, some people have even done Ezel and Klipberg on their hardtails, though I wouldn't suggest that haha!

Nice to see you out there, being meeting each other a lot lately, maybe we must hook-up for a ride soon

Nice to see you out there, being meeting each other a lot lately, maybe we must hook-up for a ride soon

Good to see you too! We must definitely do that, let me know next time you head through to Jonkers and we'll meet up.

Unconfirmed, but Wednesday!?

A bunch of us are also doing Wednesday, aiming for 4 ascents/descents, so gonna be a lekker long day. Will PM you with details once we confirm.